Anyone got a Hammer C3-31 Combi?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Restorer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope you can help. I've recently bought one of these machines new and am having a terrible time trying to get proper extraction from the thicknesser. I end up with marks left in the finished surface as a result of stray chips falling down onto the timber and being squashed into the surface by the outfeed roller.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks

Can't help directly but somewhere on the web is a dedicated Felder/Hammer forum that might help. Trouble is I can't find the url at present!

The Restorer":966lnigf said:
Hope you can help. I've recently bought one of these machines new and am having a terrible time trying to get proper extraction from the thicknesser. I end up with marks left in the finished surface as a result of stray chips falling down onto the timber and being squashed into the surface by the outfeed roller.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Restorer, I have the Felder Hammer A3-410 Planer thicknesser, I assume the planer you have is the equivelant of the A3-310. Mine is identical except it's a 410mm or 16" in old money.
looking in the Hammer info it certainly looks that model, it's just integragated into the combi.

Has yours got the blue painted serrated safety device to prevent you thicknessing at to great a setting ie: more than 5mm ???. It's situated at the top of the anti kickback device. If it has I may have some good news for you. Also which extraction machine are you using ???.

I can't explain it at the moment as it will take me all night to type it :D :D .
But if you have the above fitted all is not lost. Let me know, I have a very strong feeling I know whats going on here. :)

Fixit,

Please help me this is driving me nuts and costing a fortune as i use the machine for my living. I thought by buying a high quality machine i wouldn't have these problems!!
Yes, mine is the equivalent of the A3-31 planer/thicknesser and it does have the serrated bit you mention above the kickback fingers (i realise that is the stop as it were for this baffle plate thing)
At the moment i've been trying to find links in the US based felder owners group and it appears one of my other problems ( a bow in the width of the jointer fence isn't exactly unheard of either).
If it makes it easier to discuss a opposed to write i'll willingly phone you for advise.

Hope you can help

Steve.

Fixit,

Sorry, forgot to add that i started out with a Record DX500 but on advice from Axminster that this won't shift the large volume of chippings i've bought an ADE2200.

Back