Anyone good with dishwashers?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodpr

Established Member
Reaction score
I have picked up a free Siemens Hisense dishwasher (SE20A590GB/16) to replace the one I have which now trips the circuit breaker when it gets to 'wash' - probably due to flooding when it was run without door fully shut.

I thought I would check the 'new' one before fitting it so it is rigged up on my porch with power and water supply and a bucket for the drain pipe. When I turn it on the digital display lights just for a second or two and then cuts out. I can get it to go to 'language selection' by holding down the on button and the selection buttons seem to work - I was able to switch from Deutsch to English.

Does anyone have any idea for a nice cheap simple way to get it going- or what might be the problem. When it first came on it said the salt container needed refilling.

I know this is a long shot but sometimes someone has lived through a similar problem!

Do you have a User Manual that normally comes with a new appliance.......or did you buy it second hand?
If second hand, get back in touch with the previous owner and ask him for it....

Failing that, you should be able to download a copy of the instruction manual on line.

Do you have a User Manual that normally comes with a new appliance.......or did you buy it second hand?
If second hand, get back in touch with the previous owner and ask him for it....

Failing that, you should be able to download a copy of the instruction manual on line.

Thanks Distinterior,
I have downloaded the instruction manual and the installation sheet. IM explains how to set up (choose language etc) but problem is that the screen is only 'live' for a second before it cuts out - not long enough to scroll through options. I think there has to be a fault with power to the PCB but was hoping there might be a magic reboot trick!

My dishwasher is very temperamental especially if I speak to her in the wrong way!!

There could be a tripping device on the unit. If you have been moving it about or it's not level, or stuck, it may shut it down??

I have which now trips the circuit breaker when it gets to 'wash' - probably due to flooding when it was run without door fully shut.
Just wondered, trips the circuit breaker or the earth leakage circuit breaker?

My dishwasher is very temperamental especially if I speak to her in the wrong way!!

There could be a tripping device on the unit. If you have been moving it about or it's not level, or stuck, it may shut it down??
Is there a way to reset the tripping device or should it reset itself when all is well? It did get dropped a few inches when we were loading it onto my car!

Is there a way to reset the tripping device or should it reset itself when all is well? It did get dropped a few inches when we were loading it onto my car!
There must be a way of resetting it, or it could be stuck. Have a look at the attached PDF. I think the trip device is part 6630, shown on page 2 (assuming your unit has one), so it's down the bottom at the back. It looks like a paddle lever, so try twisting, pushing, pulling, see it it moves. It looks like all these parts around there are related to the trip switch. 6635 looks like a microswitch. It seems strange there is nothing in the user manual about this, so possibly not all units were fitted with the trip switch.

Attachments

• siemens.pdf
    926.2 KB · Views: 7
I have picked up a free Siemens Hisense dishwasher (SE20A590GB/16) to replace the one I have which now trips the circuit breaker when it gets to 'wash' - probably due to flooding when it was run without door fully shut.

I thought I would check the 'new' one before fitting it so it is rigged up on my porch with power and water supply and a bucket for the drain pipe. When I turn it on the digital display lights just for a second or two and then cuts out.
Some will not run if no salt. Some want rinse aid, just try some water in its place. Make sure the filter is secure. The filter can also house a clip which protects the pump, pop this out and check for anything blocking the pump (wear gloves in case your fingers find glass). Make sure the drain pipe is not above the washer, it doesn't like to pump too far above this. Outside of this search for codes for the digital display. Good luck, anything above this and work buy new ones in, as it can get time consuming and expensive.

There must be a way of resetting it, or it could be stuck. Have a look at the attached PDF. I think the trip device is part 6630, shown on page 2 (assuming your unit has one), so it's down the bottom at the back. It looks like a paddle lever, so try twisting, pushing, pulling, see it it moves. It looks like all these parts around there are related to the trip switch. 6635 looks like a microswitch. It seems strange there is nothing in the user manual about this, so possibly not all units were fitted with the trip switch.
Thanks Sandy, as far as I can tell from the diagram this trip switch is the switch to open the detergent container in the door

Some will not run if no salt. Some want rinse aid, just try some water in its place. Make sure the filter is secure. The filter can also house a clip which protects the pump, pop this out and check for anything blocking the pump (wear gloves in case your fingers find glass). Make sure the drain pipe is not above the washer, it doesn't like to pump too far above this. Outside of this search for codes for the digital display. Good luck, anything above this and work buy new ones in, as it can get time consuming and expensive.
Thanks Awac. The first message that came up was telling me to add salt. Salt container was full of water. I will try the filter but I have ordered a new one. I can cancel if it springs into life tomorrow but otherwise it's off to the top with it. So sad when it seems 95% fine.

Thanks Awac. The first message that came up was telling me to add salt. Salt container was full of water. I will try the filter but I have ordered a new one. I can cancel if it springs into life tomorrow but otherwise it's off to the top with it. So sad when it seems 95% fine.
I think all dishwasher salt containers are full of water - I just pour in salt until it reaches the top any excess water just pours into the bottom of the dishwasher.

Tripping device - is that the mop and bucket you leave behind her for after she's done the dishes!!!!

I think all dishwasher salt containers are full of water - I just pour in salt until it reaches the top any excess water just pours into the bottom of the dishwasher.
Yes but we have never had to use salt. There is a way to set the machine to accept no salt but first I have to get it to stay on long enough to let me get to that bit of the menu!

Thanks Sandy, as far as I can tell from the diagram this trip switch is the switch to open the detergent container in the door
Ah, then not that. As you say, could be a PSU problem, if you are confident, might be worth having a look around for obvious damage. It has to be a pretty low level fault, otherwise it would give a fault indication.

Did you try here? might be worth contacting them, although they will probably just tell you to get an engineer to have a look. I see there's a section for home connect problems. Is it a smart dishwasher?? I also have a smart dishwasher, she knows everything!!!

Back