Anyone else noticed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cannot say I have noticed because most of the shops round here are no more, plenty of charity shops, junk food and betting firms but little else. Perhaps they are looking at " cash in hand" or the card companies are taking to much per transaction.

Shops sometimes have to pay a fee for using card payment, they must be struggling, so cutting costs everywhere

my local pub has gone the opposite way, no longer allows cash, card payments only.

Businesses are charged a fee to deposit cash these days so I don't see how it makes any difference unless the cash deposit fees are significantly less than card fees.

Only been here 8 weeks but the signs are new and they wernt cash only before Christmas seems to have happened in the last week or so , Just wondered if it was world events ,cost of inflation etc

I thought the government put a stop to that practice, No minimum spend during lockdowns only too glad to get some revenue

That's what I thought too, I googled it recently.. apparently a business is totally free to choose what payment they accept, all cash, card only, card above a certain limit. It's completely up to them :dunno:

If its a one off, it could be because the service went down in the area. We've had it locally before where a number of shops all lost their access to card payments at the same time.

My local chip shop were complaining they got charged 30p for a card transaction the other day.

Latest posts

Back