Anyone else here a fan of Robin Clevett ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxer

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been watching this guy's videos for a while and I'm surprised that I've never seen him mentioned in this forum.
After a searching on UKW I cant find a single reference to him, so I thought some of you here might appreciate his You Tube channel.
Admittedly his focus is on site-work instead of workshop projects, but even so I have probably learnt as much about woodworking from him as I have from Peter Millard and Peter Parfitt.
Check the link and see what you think:
Robin Clevett

I agree. I have watched a good few of his videos and tool reviews and respect his opinions. His site roof work is exemplary.

Interesting, looks like an English version of Essential Craftsman from a quick scan through his videos.

I think he doesn't get mentioned much because he is generally more about site work rather than workshop based.

You can tell he has done it for years and knows what he is talking about.

Yes I like his stuff.
He pays attention to quality, and is genuinely passionate about what he does. Fun to see that.

Interesting, looks like an English version of Essential Craftsman from a quick scan through his videos.
He even ended a recent episode with, "Keep up the good work". How I double-taked at my screen :LOL:

I do like the vast majority of his videos as he appears to know his stuff... but then I'm watching because I don't.

He is an all round talent when it comes to joinery, carpentry and general building works. He also has has a good eye for design and produces real quality work.

I've been watching this guy's videos for a while and I'm surprised that I've never seen him mentioned in this forum.
After a searching on UKW I cant find a single reference to him, so I thought some of you here might appreciate his You Tube channel.
Admittedly his focus is on site-work instead of workshop projects, but even so I have probably learnt as much about woodworking from him as I have from Peter Millard and Peter Parfitt.
Check the link and see what you think:
Robin Clevett

Thanx Boxer. Came across Robin some time ago but I got waylaid by other matters. Just watched him make a pair of horses with hand tools. Can't fault him for his knowledge and skill. Don't care about his presenting style. It's sufficient for purpose. So I am a fan if I am stumped.

Thanks Boxer and H N Y.
John

I’ve been watching Robins videos for a while now . Superb tradesman. I also watch a few American carpenters- Essential Craftman, Insider Carpentry, Finish Carpenter... Again brilliant tradesmen

Just watched his 'horses' video.
I hate him?
* No vice
* Sharp chisels
* accurate sawing with $10 saws.

OK, he's good, no two ways. One to follow.

Back