anyone else got a cold?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had a really bad cold recently, not known one this bad for over a decade, lasted almost 4 weeks, a lot of coughing, keep thinking it's gone then it comes back, it's a weird one.

I had a flu jab for the first time this year. Waiting to see how it goes.

Wife just had a cold that's now developed into a chest infection, sadly.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Apparently it's not unusual to have multiple colds, one after another but each is a different strain.
I'm not a doctor but you can still trust me :lol:

Yep, most of the family have, or have had one. Half the kids at the local primary school also either have colds or a virus that is doing the rounds.

If you are getting the cold chest infection back again, then id safely say that you are consuming dairy products and perpetuating the flu again.
Even a wee splash of milk in De tae or bit of cheese in a burger is enough to keep it going and even invite it aswell.

I've got a 2 year old who goes to nursery twice week, so I have a cold as often as not.

What's amazing is that the little guys just keep on trucking with a streaming nose, but I get knocked on my buttocks*hard* by the same cold, not every time, but entirely too often.

That's one advantage of age, hardly ever get a cold. Kids grown up, no grandchildren, very little contact with any children who are basically walking germ factories.

Nigel.

I've been a primary school caretaker for almost 2 years, until now I've been lucky and managed to avoid the colds and flu that go around constantly, until a few weeks ago when a member of staff decided to come to work almost dying with a chest infection, since then I've had a cough that has progressively got worse to the point that my head feels like every blood vessel is going to pop when I do cough, hoping the antibiotics clear it up quickly.

I wouldn't touch antibiotics if I were you.
Used to get a chest infection at least twice a month when I was a teen.
A decade it took me to find out why.
I can't explain the how's or why's, it is obvious if you are getting the flu back constantly
that both the regular use of pinamox amoxicillin and dairy hugely contribute to its development.
There is folks who have been doing this for a long time, probably wrote books on it and that.
Take garlic and absolutely no dairy instead if you want to get rid of it, and don't want any others either.
Tom

agree do not take anti biotics unless a doctor has told you to do so, just take paracetamol if it's really bad, hope you feel better soon, mine has gone now but it lasted almost 4 weeks, usually a cold for me lasts about 3-5 days maximum which is why this one was so unusual.

So scientific studies found the link with dairy to not be supported but that antibiotics are one of the major advances in medicine.....

For viruses they won’t work, but for bacterial infections they are impressive.

I am disabled and have 2 lung conditions, emphysema and an IDTL I have had pneumonia 3 times on both lungs and I can safely say that without antibiotics I would be dead that's fact. No consultant I have ever said I should avoid dairy. Since I have been having the flu jab I have not had one cold. Don't ever take antibiotics for a cold or virus they are for infections only. The misuse of them over many years has been disgraceful and is why were in a mess now. As a bit of a side to the thread being a complete noon to woodworking what's the best mask I should buy? Its critical I get a good one for reasons above. My disability is mobility so I'm safe working with tools etc.

Regards Glenn

Could be worse I suppose, Some people in China and other parts of the world are still getting the Bubonic Plague :shock:

I don't tend to get ill, I avoid people like the plague :lol:

Ttrees":3j7ms3gt said:
Take garlic and absolutely no dairy instead if you want to get rid of it, and don't want any others either.
Tom

I think you have flu and vampires mixed up Sir :D

I swear by acupuncture for boosting the immune system. When I was commuting daily for two years from Central London down to the armpit of the SE called Croydon, suffering tube, trains and trams and the contagious atmosphere therein, I had a weekly acupuncture session for just that purpose. Never ever had a cold, cough or flu.

Lovely lady...a Russian neurologist who, unfortunately had inadequate English, to practice here. It was like having your own private GP ! "What do you think about this?" ...Either 'Wouldn't worry " or "Maybe you should see your GP".

Latest posts

Back