Anyone doing any woodworking this weekend?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the space you've got, a cart on castors with a central frame for the sheets to be held against is the best solution I've seen. This allows access all around. The worst thing with any system where sheet stuff is up against the wall is trying to look through it to find what you want, and then when you do, it's always at the back meaning everything in front of it needs to be leant outwards to get to it.

No woodworking for me metal working this weekend

IMG_20200308_140335-0.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_140335-0.jpg
    IMG_20200308_140335-0.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
Yes Mike but in computer jargon which is very difficult to understand,I have tried but failed and until it is simplified I can't see me having much success.I will continue to take part in discussion which I enjoy but as far as photos are concerned my participation will simply be as a viewer.

OK, well let's try it an easy way.

Store your photos on your computer where you can find them. Sign up for Imgur.
In Imgur, go to your account name (top RH corner) and click "Images". Then "Add Images". Tick the Auto Resize box to make your photos small enough to go on the forum (1024 is the biggest you can use here). Browse to your stored photos and either drag and drop them onto the Imgur screen, or select them and submit.

Right, now the images are successfully stored on Imgur. Your next task is to get them onto the forum.

Click on the image you want to load. It pops up in a box, with a whole lot of options down the right hand side. Go to the second-from-bottom option (BBCode) and click on Copy.

Go to the forum post you are writing, and right click paste.

Post your post and the image will show.

If it were complex, I wouldn't be doing it. I hate computers. The fact that I post literally thousands of photos means that it must be straightforward. Give it a go.

kevinlightfoot":10afckzi said:
Yes Mike but in computer jargon which is very difficult to understand,I have tried but failed and until it is simplified I can't see me having much success.I will continue to take part in discussion which I enjoy but as far as photos are concerned my participation will simply be as a viewer.
Kevin if it helps at all here's a step by step guide with pictures that I did so e time back.
You don't need to share it with the imgur community either. Just use it as private hosting service to get the Bbcode. All the Bbcode does is allows you to link a picture.
If you want a picture to last in perpetuity for posterity, a project or something worthwhile it's worth hosting directly by UKW then it's 'owned' by UKW and won't disappear if at some point Imgur decides to start charging money.
Give it a go. It really is dead simple.
Regards
Chris

post1294585.html?hilit=Imgur%20guide#p1294585

I have been tidying up a job which I have neglected for a while.... interesting effect where I am clearing away wood which has discoloured naturally. I am tidying up the background, and it has emphasised the foreground (and my rough work....)

carving-reduced.JPG

Attachments

• carving-reduced.JPG
    carving-reduced.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 189
kevinlightfoot":1wy4jsoe said:

You don't even need to host it on someone else's computer - if you can edit your jpg down below 256k you can post direct here.

Below where you post there is an 'upload image' tab. Select your file, select upload, select 'place in line'

Bish bash bosh job done......

Complete strip and rebuild of my 4 piston calipers on my motorbike, no woodworking at all, I did spot the stopcock is leaking and damaging one kitchen cabinet, so that could be fun I might have to do some woodworking to get to the pipe to freeze it and replace the tap.

Pete

Something in Brown Oak. Some years ago I made a Krenov style cabinet in Elm for SWIMBO's fossil collection. My daughter has a similar 'collection' and would dad please run up something similar? Progress to date as of twenty minutes ago...

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

IMG_4322.jpg

Through mortice n'tenons, wedged with Bog Oak, yet to be profiled. Recess machined for the back panel, door catch and hinges. 3mm radius roundover on most edges. Lots of tarting up and titivating yet to do, but the basic form is there. Delivery 'oop narth' to Carlisle some time next month, virus permitting - Rob

Attachments

• IMG_4319.jpg
    IMG_4319.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4320.jpg
    IMG_4320.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4321.jpg
    IMG_4321.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4322.jpg
    IMG_4322.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 179
kevinlightfoot":20g1nbp1 said:
Yes just finished two coffee tables but still don't know how to put photos on the forum,it just baffles me!

Keep trying, took me ages to work it out but then one of my attempts worked :D

I take the pictures on my phone which automatically stores it on Google photos. On my PC I can save the photo as a Jpeg then easily post it here. Don't know if it's the right way or wrong way but it works for me.

My postings and photos are sparse, as my wife is VERY against me posting photos of our house as this is the internet and full of crooks. And it is quite dull stuff anyway: I clad two exterior walls on our new kitchen to be in cement board, replacing featherboard, before I eventually cover in WRC or Larch vertical strips. And I made an arrow slit window and fitted it. This took twice as long as I expected which is annoying as I have another one to do.

To achieve this I have tediously run god knows how many metres of rough sawn but very well seasoned oak through the PT to get it down to size, with wifey acting as a chief feeder and catcher, so that she can see how boring it is producing lovely bits of figured oak from rough old stuff. She actually said at one point, when we were ankle deep in chippings "Is this efficient - can't we just buy it?"

She apparently thinks you can go into B&Q or Wickes and actually buy wood that is usable, and the right size, and not either an actual banana or banana to be, off the shelf. :p

The weather forecast was no rain, so needless to say it chucked it down twice, which is absolutely ideal when you have a hole in the wall and windows to fit.

One way you can do pictures assuming you use your phone to take them.

Take the pictures and then open the Photos or wherever you phone stores them.
Select the share icon and then click the ones you want and send them as an email to yourself.
Then it asks if you want to send them as small, medium, large or original. Select medium.
Now in your inbox you'll have the picture that you drag to the desktop.
In the forum where you write this stuff you click on Upload Attachment and Select file, go to the desktop in the box and pick the 1st picture you want. click it and then select Choose. It will show up below.
Repeat until the rest of your pictures are done (governed by how many the forum allows).
Preview will show them across the bottom of the post and if you like it Submit. We can click on the thumbnails to see the bigger version.

If you use a camera you load them to the computer and do it the same way if you can't resize them. It ain't all that hard.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I know how to post pictures - though your tips are helpful. My issue is that my wife thinks that posting pictures on an open internet forum is basically an invitation to burglars. She is German and so we are very well defended rather like Stalag X, but if I breach the rules I lose special marital privileges. 8)

MikeG.":punnm0tv said:
With all the space you've got, a cart on castors with a central frame for the sheets to be held against is the best solution I've seen. This allows access all around. The worst thing with any system where sheet stuff is up against the wall is trying to look through it to find what you want, and then when you do, it's always at the back meaning everything in front of it needs to be leant outwards to get to it.

There’s normally a car in there, so I’m actually short on space. I agree getting stuff out is going to be a pain but I’ll see how it goes.

AJB Temple":370koz1f said:
Thanks Pete. I know how to post pictures - though your tips are helpful. My issue is that my wife thinks that posting pictures on an open internet forum is basically an invitation to burglars. She is German and so we are very well defended rather like Stalag X, but if I breach the rules I lose special marital privileges. 8)

My post was more for kevinlightfoot who is can't figure it out rather than someone living under restrictive rules like you.

Pete

Back