Anyone buy the Taiga Tools MFT Top Jig?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I havent had much luck with the UJK Parf Guide system when creating an MFT top. I just couldnt get it dead on square, perhaps user error so I sold on the kit.

Was thinking of buying a template jig from Taiga Tools. Has anyone used one and how easy is it to get to CNC accuracy?

I bought their original Dominofix jig after getting royally peed off with the Part Guide system; namely due to the slow drilling experience.

As to the jig in question, I found it very quick and easy. I've not produced a 100% accurate top after 3 attempts but close enough for my liking. The problem I have is you can get perfectly aligned rows of holes going in one direction across a sheet, you then have to turn 90 degrees to make the rest. That's where I've found very minor inconsistencies. I've always taken as much care as possible to centre the bit in an OF1010 router and keep the sheet as flat as possible so I'm not sure why this happens. It is only very minor discrepancies along the entire length so I'm maybe being overly picky!

Latest posts

Back