Anyone a member of The Wood Haven forum?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all

Tried to log on to TWH this afternoon and was directed to a page telling me that my account has been suspended.

Anyone else got this problem?

Cheers

Dave

Toms always had trouble with his provider from the earlier days. Best to get what you pay for and go for on of the big names. I've been with GoDaddy for years and can't complain about anything.

tomatwark":261qqfri said:
Chems":261qqfri said:
Toms always had trouble with his provider from the earlier days. Best to get what you pay for and go for on of the big names. I've been with GoDaddy for years and can't complain about anything.
GoDaddy even get rid of people selling fakes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15959882 Tom
"Judge Dawson also ordered: Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter to remove the domain name from any search results pages."

... but no mention of eBay - they can carry on selling fakes then?

RogerP":2210nj45 said:
tomatwark":2210nj45 said:
Chems":2210nj45 said:
GoDaddy even get rid of people selling fakes.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15959882 Tom
"Judge Dawson also ordered: Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter to remove the domain name from any search results pages."

... but no mention of eBay - they can carry on selling fakes then?

Don't make me laugh. As long as eBay get their fees they couldn't care less where they come from. eBay makes lawyers, solicitors and bank CEO's look like angels.

I reported a bloke selling copied DVDs to them. He's still doing it.

I reported a bloke selling copied DVDs to them. He's still doing it.

..... and trying to get genuine batteries, razor blades or camera memory is not easy

A different forum I haunt had the same "This Account Has Been Suspended" message earlier.

It's back up again now, with the following post from one of the admin:

----------------------
Site outage today

Postby » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:45 pm
Some of you may have seen the 'Account suspended' notice that's been appearing in place of our website for the past few hours. No, we didn't forget to pay the bills; unfortunately, a committee member picked up a nasty virus on their PC that was sending out thousands of spam emails a day, so our hosting provider shut down our account temporarily to bring this to a halt.

We've now blocked the affected email account and restored the rest of the website to normal service. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this interruption!
----------------------

I wonder if there's a virus doing the rounds of the forums?

Dibs-h":2zn53m5a said:
Wonder if he hasn't paid his leccy bill as of late?

Dibs
Domain name: thewoodhaven.co.uk
Registrant: Sustins Ltd
Registrant type: UK Individual
Registrant's address:
************ United Kingdom
Registrar: Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-reg [Tag = 123-REG] URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk
Relevant dates:
Registered on: 08-Dec-2009
Renewal date: 08-Dec-2013
Last updated: 15-Oct-2011
Registration status: Renewal request being processed.

I had a look when it first opened but found repeats of topics already on UKW

so have not been back since

No need as I like this forum :mrgreen: :wink:

I am not a a different place user but

yesterday many kids did not go to school (strike) and I find on such days the little ba st ar ds usually practice their virus skills and mess up mail and web use for us.

Back