Anybody trading via a website watch out.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunkolini

Established Member
Reaction score
I have recently had three enquiries from 'Norway' regarding buying my products.
Semi convincing at first, they want to pay by credit card and are asking for specific stock items.
They have a courier that will collect and ship the stuff.
The english is not too hot, in fact it seems the Nigerians have moved to Norway and are stocking up on nice furniture and art.
The email adresses all end in [email protected]
I am not sure what they are scamming but I guess it is bank details.
It seems a bit more sophisticated than 'My grandfather has died and left me a million dollars can you help' or 'I am a navy seal in Iraq and have a milllion dollars to get rid of'.
A lot of greedy suckers did get scammed by that nonsense, I can see people getting sucked into this one. My wifey wondered what I was on about as I explained how I worked out that it is a scam. Thought I was being untrusting!
If these guys ever learn to spell and punctuate correctly they will make a fortune.

Then again I have shipped a few bits to Norway to genuine customers.

Chunko'.

This is not a new scam.

I am a member of a local group of artists and crafts people and most of us have these over the last couple of years.

But I guess with the economy the way it is there will be people being taken in by them.

Tom

I'm not sure where the problem is - I happily give my bank details out (not quite to all and sundry, but certainly on all invoices/estimates). After all, the sort code and a/c number are on any cheques you issue. Without the actual Security info, the a/c info is useless.

Cheers

Karl

These scammers and phishers are getting better. SWMBO came in to my study and wanted me to check out an email she'd received from Santander. She was all set to enter in her details but, because of my 'health warnings' re computer theft etc, thought she'd check first. Good for her...I showed her how, when you click on the link, looking at the URL is a dead giveaway.

Getting boring now...got fed up of filling in the password details with suggestions that they act as a human vacuum on a part of my anatomy.

I cant see what they do with the information.
But I did hear a hilarious interview on the radio with a guy who was scammed over the missing millions.
he was sooo indignant, but was not being greedy!

Jeremy Clarkson was so sure that it was safe to publicise his account number and sort code that he did so in one of his columns.. and then one of his readers signed him up to a direct debit donation to a charity.

At least that's how I remember the story. It might be an urban legend

I think what they are trying to do is to get you to send the goods and pay for them with stolen card details.

They will then forward the goods on from the address you have been given.

Tom

Latest update.
"The shipping agent informed me that as for now they can only receive payment by western union.So i am asking for you to please help me to charge the shipping fee of the shipment which is ($1,850) on my credit card account and then send to the shipping agency's office via Western Union Money Transfer and their representative will come for the pick up.I know it's not your responsibility to do this,i just want you to try and understand me and be of assist to me and my next order will be ship by you"
Thats clear then.
Interestingly the quality of the english has deteriorated as we get firther into this mission.
I think it is bank details they are after.

Latest posts

Back