Anybody know about dishwashers?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
The electrical kind.....
We've got an Ariston LI 62 thing which is apparently more modern Stanley than LV. Anyway, the detergent flap fails to open during the cycle. Anybody got a clue? All terminals are clean and the lever mechanism appears to be ok. How is the flap activated? Oh, and the spring has good tension.

crinkley fingered Noel

Hi Noel,

We had this exact problem last year on our Whirlpool dishwasher. On ours, at least, there's an integrated sensor and switch behind the detergent compartment (in the door itself).

It required a service callout and replacement unit. The latter was cheap enough; the former was the expensive bit :roll:

Had a similar problem with a Neff..chappie came along, took off the door cover and pulled back a wee plastic thingie on its pin and that fixed it. Maybe time for a little exploration ?

my wife gives hers a sharp kick it works every time :lol: :lol: but it dont half hurt :roll: :roll: :wink:

frank

Hi Noel
I think our dishwasher works by the catch holding the flap opening at a certain temperature - possible using 2 differenet types of plastic together?
best of luck though - it took me 3 hours to get the door open once...

Thanks all, took it apart during the week and tested the solenoid, it's knackered, so will try and source another.

Ta

Noel

My wife is an expert, she knows how to work the dishwasher. She says the tablet must not get damp otherwise the deterrgent sticks and trouble occurs as mentioned above.

Back