Any thoughts on the new Axminster catalogue?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnelliott

Established Member
Reaction score
Mine came the other day, pretty much the same as before, but the changes are always interesting. Axminster must be the biggest retailer of our toys so what they do is always worth a close look.
Pictures of Axminster delivery vans, and free next day delivery (over £45). I haven't had much in the last month or so but what I had came by ANC, and the next day too
Rojek machines feature heavily, I wonder where they are made, probably Eastern Europe. Is this a good thing? Got to be better that the far east?
John

I feel crushed - I haven't received mine yet! Still, considering how much I have spent at that place, I suppose they are getting mine leather bound and it just takes a bit longer. :lol:

I too am crushed its not arrived up in sunny scotland as yet, always is an interesting read, I think Rojek are from the Cheque Republic but i'm sure andy will be along soon to confirm
they seem to be a bit late this year i normally have it around mid July, i guess they had a few late arrivals

Ian

Devonwoody,
My fingers were going to fast when i typed, i am on a works computer that keeps cutting off, i tried spellcheck but it didn't reconise my spelling of it so i compromised as you do

Ian

Hi All,
i got mine tuesday :D
Seems quite a bit thicker and so do the prices :(
Haven't read it cover to cover.......YET :!:

TX

Humph. Once again the Tamar gets in the way and I, too, have yet to receive a copy. :cry: I think I only got one late September last year, and then two came at once. :roll: I have a bet with myself that the Lee Valley one'll arrive all the way from the Colonies before the APTC one makes it all the way from Devon. Any takers? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Pictures of Axminster delivery vans, and free next day delivery (over £45).

thats a rise, i believe it was £30 last time i ordered :(

and not so long ago it was free :shock:

phew, just checked up online and its still £30, £45 for heavy goods :)

I noticed that some of the prices have shot through the roof too.....I notice a £35-£40 increase on some of the Festool tools!! I was after a sander and dust extracotor too!!

SimonA

jake44":3okefj5w said:
Pictures of Axminster delivery vans, and free next day delivery (over £45).

thats a rise, i believe it was £30 last time i ordered :(

and not so long ago it was free :shock:

phew, just checked up online and its still £30, £45 for heavy goods :)

Free delivery on orders over £45 in value is what I meant. For machines delivered on their own transport, £30 for heavy goods, £45 for very heavy (they decide which is which)
John

Alf":1emlfju1 said:
Once again the Tamar gets in the way and I, too, have yet to receive a copy.

No - I don't have my copy either! I don't think their customer database system is the best. And not sure how it ties in with their web system.

But I too noticed the 4300 bandsaw I was interested in has gone up for £40 - gutted! I was having trouble persuading myself to part with a pound under £800 - but it's far more difficult! That's the trouble with w/working stuff - it gets more expensive. While electronic goods get cheaper by the day!

Cheers

Gidon

What :shock: Its got as far as Scotland and missed out the Midlands, whats going on!!!

NO I have not had mine yet :cry:

Bean

johnelliot said
Free delivery on orders over £45 in value is what I meant.

yep, i know, and what i was saying is that online the figure is over £30 of goods for free delivery.

so apparently they have different rules regarding ordering from the catalogue and online :?

jake44

tx2, youve lost me :wink:

The Rojek machines are made in the Czech Republic - You are right Ian.
The reason the catalogue gets to some people and not others initially is that in the past Axminster have found that if you send out a few hundred thousand catalogues together, all that happens is the phone lines get jammed up for a week as everyone calls in at the same time (even with all the staff/phone lines they have down there), so staggering the catalogue deliverys over a few weeks makes more sense - It normally goes out first to those people who have recently bought something too.
Cheers,
Nick
Jet

Back