Any takers for jet 260 P/T retro fit?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiffla

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought the jet 260 p/t - which is a great p/t. However, reading past posts it seems it has a flaw. A flaw which can be rectified by bob's (9fingers) homemade locking device. The problem, which most regulars to this site will know is bob has to make them in batches of 6.

I've spoken with bob and he's happy to do a batch if enough people want him too.

So I'm starting this thread hopin others are in the same predicament as me.

Cheers for readin

Smudge

P.s device costs around £40 ish.

Can I respectfully suggest that you change the subject line of this thread to be a bit more specific. I nearly didn't bother looking as it was vague. Sadly (for you) I have a Scheppach p/t.

Trying to be helpful.

Tony Comber

shipbadger":3m4ru4mv said:
Can I respectfully suggest that you change the subject line of this thread to be a bit more specific.

It's better than the classic subject line, "question" !!

BugBear

Smiffla":3589f6g2 said:
I have just bought the jet 260 p/t - which is a great p/t. However, reading past posts it seems it has a flaw. A flaw which can be rectified by bob's (9fingers) homemade locking device. The problem, which most regulars to this site will know is bob has to make them in batches of 6.

I've spoken with bob and he's happy to do a batch if enough people want him too.

So I'm starting this thread hopin others are in the same predicament as me.

Cheers for readin

Smudge

P.s device costs around £40 ish.
I've bought one of these as well and can thoroughly recommend it as a p/t...the conversion from planing over the top to thicknessing takes seconds and involves simply lifting both tables together and swinging over the hood. I've also got a 'Boblock' fitted to my machine which does everything that it says on the tin ('cept Bob didn't send it in a tin!) With Bob's approval, I showed Ian Styles at Axminster the 'Boblock' with a view to Ax making it 'in house' as bolt-on extra for the machine, so they are aware that there's an 'issue' with this particular p/t...I also left a comment on the Jet260 page to the same effect - Rob

Subject name edit as advised.

Thanks for the posts and thus keeping this thread alive.

All being well we can get Axminster to stock the "boblock".

Smudge

Smiffla":361b1zfs said:
Ok that didn't work! How do you Change the subject of the thread?

Smudge
Go to the original opening post, hit 'edit' and simply overtype the existing subject...then re-post. With a view to Ax making the 'Boblock' in house, I'm sure that it's something that could be raised with Ian Styles when we see him on the 9th March (UKWorkshop open day) - Rob

Thanks rob still getting use to it all.

Good luck with ax.

Smudge

P.s great blog btw!

Locking lever now fitted as standard on the 260 ???

I've just taken delivery of the JET 260 p/t (ordered end of last year before price went up).

My JET 260 has the thicknesser locking lever fitted as standard, as on the 310 model.

I must say this is a quality build machine, I'm very happy with it.

Les

Les1693":1vqp8jtc said:

I've just taken delivery of the JET 260 p/t (ordered end of last year before price went up).

My JET 260 has the thicknesser locking lever fitted as standard, as on the 310 model.

Les

That should make a big difference. I wonder if they will supply that parts to retro fit to earlier models.

I've made about 12 table locks in the last couple of years for these machines and won't be sorry if I don't need to do any more.
Once I completed the design and refined it for batch production, the novelty sort of wore off :D

Bob

Les1693":34ttta0h said:

Les
Same here, ordered in October, but my one was supplied without a locking lever...weird or what? :? - Rob

[quote\]Rob -
Same here, ordered in October, but my one was supplied without a locking lever...weird or what? :? - Rob[/quote]

Same here rob

In the process of contacting jet but I'm not counting my chickens.

9fingers":2k3vmxlo said:
That should make a big difference. I wonder if they will supply that parts to retro fit to earlier models.

I've made about 12 table locks in the last couple of years for these machines and won't be sorry if I don't need to do any more.
Once I completed the design and refined it for batch production, the novelty sort of wore off :D

Bob

Bob what are the chances of getting the plans (at a cost) to save you the aggro?

Smudge

Smiffla":3lgi3s87 said:
Bob what are the chances of getting the plans (at a cost) to save you the aggro?

Smudge

Lets hope Jet do the decent thing and sell the parts to add the lock.
I've got a oil stained sketch somewhere in the workshop of my lock but not a pukka drawing. I don't really mind making them once I've got my metalworking head on. You can see the fitting instructions with photos here
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bob.minchi ... PLANER.pdf

Jet have obviously sat up and paid attention to the comments they were getting despite fobbing people off with the readout as an apparent solution. It might also explain why Axi showed no interest when, at their request, I sent them details. Did not even bother to reply.
I did have a conversation with Brimarc at one time but their feeling was that as sole importers, it was difficult to procure and sell a product that effectively criticised the original design - which is fair enough.

Bob

9fingers":3grxyqj4 said:
[

Lets hope Jet do the decent thing and sell the parts to add the lock.
I've got a oil stained sketch somewhere in the workshop of my lock but not a pukka drawing. I don't really mind making them once I've got my metalworking head on. You can see the fitting instructions with photos here
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bob.minchi ... PLANER.pdf

Bob

I can't see why they wouldn't want there machines workin to there full potential. We'll see.

I've been through your instructions etc and happy with the build apart from dimensions.

On another note I was on different forum and you said you had some inverters goin spare. Do you still have them?

Smudge

I've still got some inverters generally higher power ones. Quite a few need 3 phase INPUTs
possibly best to PM me with full details of the motors you need to run and I'll see if I've got anything suitable.

Bob

Les1693":3qvw2xj8 said:
Les

Hi all, just to confirm what Les has said, yes it is now fitted as standard. It's been a running change with the stock, and all future machines we supply will be fitted with it.

I too am glad Jet have listened again to constructive criticism and added this as a feature.

Regarding the option to get hold of spares and retrofit, I'm still looking into it, as I was initially told it's not possible due to a design change in the rise fall mechanism. I'll keep you updated when I get a more detailed answer from Jet.

Best regards to all
Nick
Brimarc

I bought my 260 in October from ATC and this doesn't have the lock so I'd be very interested in a retro fit device too, so looking forward to Nick/Jet's answer!

Back