Any saw sharpeners in Devon UK?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy P Devon

Reaction score
Hi,

Struggling with my saw sharpening. Have watched you-tube videos ad-nauseum. Had a go on an old S+J panel saw trying to cut it as a rip saw - which I believe is the easiest to do. It's sharp and will cut but feels blunt when I compare it with a hard-point disposable one.
I'm thinking of splashing out on some nice saws but want to feel I can get them sharpened when they dull - too expensive to throw away!
Does any body out there know of a commercial/professional sharpener I can take/post my saws to in the Westcountry?

Andy (hammer)

I think Andy was on about handsaws rather than circular saws and bandsaws (Although EPS might sharpen them, I'm not sure)

Spindex Tools re-cut and sharpen handsaws in Hampshire, their website seems to be down though at the moment, might be worth giving them a ring on 02392177588 to see whether they're still in business or not :?. No idea at all as to how good they actually are but I can't think of anyone else.

[youtube]0OCY5z9cHAs[/youtube]

Eps sharpen tenon saws. On the last one I wrote " not to much set please" as the previous one had so much set it was difficult to control. I ended up using a sharpening stone to help reduce the kerf. The last one is much much better though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Trevanion":28i947al said:
No idea at all as to how good they actually are but I can't think of anyone else.

They sharpened a 14"backsaw and a 20" ripsaw for me about a month ago. Quick turnaround and they did a good job.

Back