Any reason for not having an avatar?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
I find the avatars very handy when reading/scrolling through posts.

Is there any reason why more people don't use them?

Adam

Adam,

I did not have one until I figured out how to set up one of my own pictures, not liking any of the out of the box ones on the board to use.

I agree that they are useful when scrolling, even more useful if some did not keep changing :wink:

I like the personalization, it allows me to put my stamp on my posts 8)

can't be pineappled, don't have any web space to put my own (actually, not true - have loads of web space, but to go back to answer 1, can't be pineappled)

Oh, and also, one last reason - can't be pineappled :)

DaveL":2oald1av said:
I agree that they are useful when scrolling, even more useful if some did not keep changing :wink:
Guilty as charged. :oops:

There are lots about on't web, if you don't like the ones provided, but you do usually need to upload them onto some space of your own. Found these links which might inspire the avatarily challenged. On a bee-keeping site, funnily enough. :?

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2de47gsa said:
Found these links which might inspire the avatarily challenged. On a bee-keeping site, funnily enough. :? Cheers, Alf

Which is in fact another site I haunt, if you delve slightly deeper into it.

Bizarre.

Adam

asleitch":3fg85e03 said:
Which is in fact another site I haunt, if you delve slightly deeper into it.
I did wonder, but I hadn't got round to delving. As you say, bizarre. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Alf

Love the animated saw cut Avatar :shock: Is this the start of a new project ?

Cheers

Tony

Hi All,

You have to upload an avatar onto some space of your own. How do you go about getting some space of your own?

I am probably way of track here, but i am with btopenworld/yahoo (dial up) and with these you can create a photo album by uploading your photos. Could i use this to upload an avatar and then transfer it to UKworkshop? If so how would i go about doing it?

Regards

Mike.C

Mike.C":1xfskezp said:
Hi All,

You have to upload an avatar onto some space of your own. How do you go about getting some space of your own?

I am probably way of track here, but i am with btopenworld/yahoo (dial up) and with these you can create a photo album by uploading your photos. Could i use this to upload an avatar and then transfer it to UKworkshop? If so how would i go about doing it?

Regards

Mike.C

If you want an avatar hosting, PM me for my email address, and i'll host it, and send you a URL to insert into your profile. All I need is a JPG, gif, animated gif, BMP or TIF image.

I think we should ask Charley to host more avatars though.

Adam

Latest posts

Back