Any one on here do engraving on brass?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chico

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking at making a brass index plate for my bandsaw,it is a segment of a larger circle, I know the radius, the height of segment etc and where I need the adjustment slots as well as the degree marking I need.

Anyone out there who could knock me one up, I certainly expect to pay.

Hi Chico, Yes it's something I can do for you PM me all the dims (rough scribble on paper is fine) I would draw it up for you to check if correct before cutting. I also have a stock of brass and aluminium to work from.

Here we are drawings done let me know if okay please or if needs any changes.

Chico_1.JPG

Chico_2.JPG

Chico_3.JPG

Hi Chico,
There we are your brass plate have left it for you to polish if you want to.
I won't be able to get to the post office till Tuesday but will drop you a message when I have sent it.

IMG_20220206_1203385~2.jpg

IMG_20220206_1203227~2.jpg

Edit: If you want it polished let me know

Phil, sorry about the tardy reply, no polish thank you as is will be fine, I intend to darken the lines then scotchbrite it clean so it will be brushed.

Just like to say it has arrived and an absolute top job. Very pleased I asked on here and thank you to Phill.

As mentioned above Phill did me a lovely job on the index plate, I got exactly what I need with no fuss at all. I just fitted it and knocked up a gash pointer.

I tried it at 0 degrees and 45 degrees and spot on. I'll add a few pics. I blacked in the lines. It is on an EB BAS 315.

Attachments

• index 10 1.jpeg
    index 10 1.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 30
  • index 10 3.jpeg
    index 10 3.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 29
  • index 10 2.jpeg
    index 10 2.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 29
  • index 10 4.jpeg
    index 10 4.jpeg