Any one know where I can get one of these

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speeder1987

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought an old millers falls no 9 plane off ebay, so I decided to give it a clean up, removed rust and re-japanned. Anyway came to re assemble it and i've somehow lost part of the frog adjustment mechanism, only thing I can think of is it got thrown away with some shavings. I don't know its exact name so I've included a picture with it highlighted in red:

vnnz0h.png

Its the small grooved metal plate which screws onto the frog and engages with the adjustment screw.

Anyone know where I can get one from ...... as a last resort I could buy a whole new frog for a Stanley no. 4 and just take what I need, providing it fits of course ....

Damn it :x and I thought I was being so careful, I suppose its not key but it will annoy me knowing i've lost it and its not complete

Cheers
John

Hi, John

First thing it to scan round everywhere with a magnet until something goes click, that’s what I usually do, you can pop the magnet in a aerosol tin lid for easy cleaning.
If you don’t find it you should be able to make one from a piece of steel.

The plane will work with out it, it will be slightly harder to set but still possible.

Pete

Thanks pete, good plan, I hadn't thought of that hopefully that'll help, i'll run it over the bags of shavings and see if its in there.

AndyT, thanks for the link, i'd looked at the stanley website but not knowing what it was called, meant I couldn't find them. Now I know the name, there are some on ebay too.

Cheers for the help

John

Hi John, if you have no luck with the magnet, I'm sure I will have one in my spares bin which I could post to you. Are you anywhere near the Hants/Dorset border?
chris

Latest posts

Back