Any one else having a day like mine?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Signal

Established Member
Reaction score
Go out to car to take kids to school wont start, not sure if its Starter motor or the battery, Grumble!!!

Walk kids to school Grumble Grumble,

See school secretary who lives near us, wave to see if she will give us a lift, no she just waves back and sails by GRUMBLE!!!

Half way Erin yells, MY DRINK IS LEAKING!!!! , turn round and she is stood there with orange pouring out of her packed lunch, OFFSWM!!!!!!

Chuck bottle, drain packed lunch, check sandwiches and so on, nothing soggy. Find shop, buy new drink, no cash, wont take cards for less than a tenner

Have to buy other junk to make up up the shortfall of 9.50, VEIN THROBBING IN FOREHEAD
Card rejected have to use credit card, BLOOD SEEPING OUT OF SKIN

Walk rest of way to school, 20 minutes late now, head teacher thinking he is being funny says

"Ohhhh where late, norty norty, thats a late mark Mr Sharp".
Refrain from beating him to death with Erins packed lunch

Walk back STEAMING ARSEACHE

Get in, look for 1 of my car chargers
Check shed first, neither of them are in the shed
Check Workshop, neither of them are in the WS
Decided to check unpacked boxes in the loft
Set up step ladder
Climb ladder, raise hatch
Make jump form top step so I can get my buttocks into the loft
Miss, fall, land on ladder wish I was dead
Come to a bit later, don't know how long i was laying in the tangled wreck of the ladders but it was to long
Ring mate, ask if he has got a charger, no
decide to hobble to town to get one, good hour there or abouts walk
Mate calls to say hes on his way over and will run me to town, should be about 15 minutes
30 minutes gone no mate, call him at home, no answer
45 minutes gone no mate, call him on the mobi no answer
60 minutes later get a call from mate who is screaming blue murder cos he got puncture half way here and cant get the wheel off cos the locking nut socket is cracked
He calls AA
AA Calls Him
AA will be 2.5 hours

Final straw, got confirmation of 3 orders from Maplins, only made one order but their system was playing up last night, this must be why my card was rejected in the shop!!!!!

Peachy, just peachy

Sig,

What can I say? Apart from "thank the gods, no. My day has been very, very good indeed in comparison". I know I shouldn't have, but I was crying with laughter by the end. :oops: You might want to get yourself checked out if you were really out cold though :shock:

But hey, it's got to get better from now on, surely? Almost certainly anyway... Best stay out of the workshop tonight though, just in case. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

You need to stop, take a days leave, and sit and watch some footie and get a beer!

Adam

I was going to make some smart-alec remark about wanting to drive your kids to school rather than take a nice healthy walk, but by the end of your tale I decided I shouldn't... :wink:

Still, tomorrow's got to be better, hasn't it ?

Pete

ROFL :lol: :lol:

Hehe, that made me laugh...ahh...Well my day has been alright :p

Although somedays i wish i'd never got up :roll:

Ta

Tom *who was looked at funnily by class mates as i tried to stop laughing*

My day's been worse....
And I can sum it up in one word....

IKEA

:evil: :cry: :x :shock: :x :cry: :evil:

Sig
Could be worse, I suppose, but not very much, by the sound of things!
I really hope you have not done yourself any damage.
Take care.

SF

Aragorn - I'd like to draw your attention to the clause in the Forum Rules regarding bad language....

S

PS I made up the hinge jig over the weekend, any size from about 1" to 4".
Not used it in anger yet but looks PDG.

aragorn did you not look round the reduced section :shock: take a look next time your there swmbo wanted new wardrobes 4 mirror doors £5 each 6 sides @£2 each 8 deep plastic drawers with sliding gear plus screws £1 each 1 laundry bag fitting £12 (sob had to pay full price )12 hinges @ £1 each with screws (see if axminster sell them any cheaper ) and i had to go to b/q for 8x4 back panels . robes are all built and swmbo is dead chuffed at the savings :D .now i do need some more toy?? tools .

frank :lol: :lol:

ps i did not utter the name of the shop

Hey Signal,
I thought you country folk were all relaxed and
easy going :wink:

It's not the word 'Ikea' i mind, IT'S THE WORDS.....
............ 'shop' & 'ping' ....... I CAN'T STAND :x

TX

devonwoody said his wife brought him a cup of tea in bed, and then he woke up ,and went and made her a cup of tea :p :p now that sounds more plausible.

devonwoody":146xbdmt said:
I had another cup of tea brought in again this morning and then??????

...10 minutes later got up to take a leak?

devonwoody how much is this tea in the morning going to cost you :shock: if the loml started doing that my wallet would go and hide , you have been warned :twisted: :twisted: i bet one or two on this forum fell for that trick and wilst still in shock were taken to the shops and cant remember what happened to their wallet. :roll:

I was having a bit of fun in the workshop today when I looked up to notice a cloud of blue smoke, then i looked more closely at the table saw, realising that it was producing all of the blue smoke a mild sense of hurry spread over me. Upon finishing the cut i pulled the plug and tipped the saw over to see....More blue smoke, but coming from around the blade guard. I stripped the now very hot bolts out of the guard and out fell some smoldering wood dust.
The extractor hose from the underside of the blade had become blocked the saw had compacted the saw dust and eventunatly the heat generated from the friction between the blade and the compacted sawdust almost caused ignition.

So the moral Beware and clean out your saw tables

Bean

DW,
I hate to think what happens when you get a fried breakfast :shock:

TX

My LOML does this fantastic trick, where you hand her your wallet,
she hands it straight back, and all the money has disappeared :roll:
fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

To Bean
This also happened to me about 4 weeks ago (cost me a new blade) my problem was caused because I cut some timber for a neighbour (panel fencing) which had been treated with preservative and I think this waste is most probably tacky.

To TX2man
Fried breakfast !
I'll let you know (wallet might need a cash injection)

Latest posts

Back