any old spanners?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
copied verbatim from another site -

Details:
Dave https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Bickers- was well known for his appearances on TV back in the 50’s and 60’s when TV sport included ‘scrambling’ . He was European motocross champion, before there was a world championship.
He died 7 years ago.
My brother Dick, became good friends with Dave (two very similar personalities) while working together in the film industry.
Dick’s been collecting old spanners with the idea to make a memorial bench seat and could do with a few more to finish the job.
So, if you have a spare rust-brown* spanner or two kicking around , it would be most welcome
*(rusty doesn’t matter it’ll be welded into a seat and blasted before powder coating - British made is good, Motorcycle related even better , but all-comers welcome)
Regards,
Bill
send email or PM for address
P.S. He’d like a couple of really big ones for the arm rest , legs etc.

Bill Todd
Colchester
Co3
UK
email

I met Dave Bickers in my youth as he had a motorcycle shop over in Ipswich that I used to frequent.

I'll have a dig around in an old box of spanners that used to belong to my Grandad and see what I can find 👍

Back