Any must watch woodworking documentary movies?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tibi

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

can you recommend to me some good woodworking documentary movies? Either about some notable cabinetmakers of the past or about woodworking in general. I am interested more in historical videos than current ones.

Thank you very much.

I don't know that anything is "must watch". If there's anything more encouraging than wanting to build something well enough that you'll learn what you need to and get in the shop, I don't know what it is.

Just wanting to be good at building but not knowing what it is you want to do and what style doesn't go very far.

That said, there's a nice 4 video series on youtube from the 1970s showing the instrument maker's shop at colonial williamsburg making violins and a spinet (and a spinet is more or less cabinet work with an instrument inside of it).

Interesting post, has got me thinking.
Hands, a good few of them to watch.

Do you ever watch "Highland woodworking" channel on youtube?
Some great stuff there comes up now and again.
There's 56 episodes of visits to others workshops, well presented most of the time
so I suppose would count as filmy.

Dicey for sure!
My fave bit of craftsman slagging, "you wouldn't make a nose bag for an ass"

Last edited:
Hello,

can you recommend to me some good woodworking documentary movies? Either about some notable cabinetmakers of the past or about woodworking in general. I am interested more in historical videos than current ones.

Thank you very much.
Good question. I look forward to the replies. It’ll make a change from James Bond over Christmas !

Hello,

Thank you very much.
There's always plenty of Norm Abrahams videos on You Tube!

Latest posts

Back