Any little boys or girls around here want to play?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Got my trains set out for a change :)

railway1w.jpg

railway2w.jpg

railway3w.jpg

railway4w.jpg

railway5w.jpg

railway6w.jpg

That's a real beauty John, I guess there's a few years of effort in that setup.

John..that's absolutely fabulous. What guage is it?

The only train set I had a kid came from my grandparents in the US..it was pretty basic and being S gauge (IIRC) expanding it was a No-No.

Highlight of the annual Summer holiday in Kent was the model railway exhibition at Romney Marsh

In my early 20's I dreamed of an N gauge layout but that came to nowt.

When did you start building yours?

CHJ that was around 7 years of every afternoon. (I used to go out to work in the evenings :)

Roger, its 00 gauge but I wished I had made it in P4 which is perfectly to scale and everything is 4mm to the foot. (00 gauge is 4 mm to the foot but not consistant)

:D nice DW i do HO and SM32 or 16 mm live steam well i will do when i have finished the house and start again on it but you have got a nice layout. :D

I had a "train set" when I was about 15 setup in the loft at home. Then a mate and I decided to set it up in his shed. That didn't last long. I always vowed to build one in the loft of my own house when I grew up. I'm now 39 and have had my own house for 12 years. The "train set" is in my loft, but it is still in the boxes that I packed it up in when we took it out of my mates shed. It will take a miracle to set it up cause the loft is full up. and it's to low anyway.

If its 27 years old +, a lot of wheel standards have changed since that time so most probably modern track and older running engines etc. will most probably be tricky.

Back