Any interest to turners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a flyer appear from Record power, you may already know but incase you are not aware Record has launched a new range of turning tools, and buy here 103730 6-Piece HSS Turning Tool Set. I am not a turner so cannot comment further but "made in Sheffield" looks good.

New range? They look just like all the old range, but exceptionally expensive! :rolleyes:
What's new about them except the high price?

I got the 1 inch round scraper, 16 inch handle. Nice quality tool, heavy enough to damp vibrations. Just the job to undo bowl gouge mistakes, which are less frequent now as I improve but still happen. Takes a good edge, perhaps slightly harder steel than some of my tools. Functional rather than fancy. Price, look at other reputable brands and you will see its mid range not top end.

RP have been bringing manufacturing back to the UK for a while, I guess it gives them a more responsive supply chain so less stock holding and pre ordering container-fulls.

When I bought my coronet herald, I spoke to RP about where it was made... China. That said some of their stuff is UK made, and they said they were in a process of bringing more manf back to the UK... which just goes to repeat what folks have said up thread. Can't comment on which products are made where though.

Back