Any idea what this is/was for?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
DSC02158.JPG
DSC02159.JPG
DSC02160.JPG
DSC02161.JPG

Tris is correct, a table for a metal shaper. The parts or vice was clamped to them and the cutter moved fore and aft, cutting on the forward stroke and not the backstroke. Then the table moved slightly to the side for the next stroke. It was all automatic and once running you could walk away for a while. They were also used to cut gear teeth and keyways among other things. One of the metal machining forums might have someone looking for one.

Pete

I have seen them on ebay called ‘engineer’s cubes’, at one time I was thinking of turning a large one into a small welding table.

According to the National Enquirer a few of these were made to look like engineers cubes to avoid suspicion but are in fact designed to resonate in sympathy with very specific radiation frequencies. They act as homing beacons for alien spacecraft. NASA and the US military hushed it up.

To be safe, I suggest you mount an all night alien spacecraft watch to make sure yours isn't one of those. If you don't post for a few weeks we will know that the aliens have taken you away to be probed and analysed.

According to the National Enquirer a few of these were made to look like engineers cubes to avoid suspicion but are in fact designed to resonate in sympathy with very specific radiation frequencies. They act as homing beacons for alien spacecraft. NASA and the US military hushed it up.

To be safe, I suggest you mount an all night alien spacecraft watch to make sure yours isn't one of those. If you don't post for a few weeks we will know that the aliens have taken you away to be probed and analysed.
,, exactly,, I bought one and now I can"t get my homing pigeons to leave their cage,,

Can I have some of what you've been drinking please. ;)

It's a machine block for holding large workpieces for drilling etc..

Here's a rendundant radial arm drill with a machineblock, It used to be used for drilling railway castings at my company, It's probably gone for scrap now, I finished late in 2020 due to after effects of covid!..
WSBUIni.jpg

John (y)

It's a thing for attaching to people you don't like, shortly before you take them on a one-way fishing trip.

£20 ? Lucky man; I'd go grab those smaller ones and chuck them on ebay if it where me. Its been answered but to chime in they make great welding surfaces too

Latest posts

Back