Any geordies about?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamR

Reaction score
Hi all . New here
I've been woodworking for just shy of two years. I used to play about with wood with my grandad when I was very young . I believe it it's what attracted me to working with my hands initially as a career. however I became a controls engineer and business owner a few years ago so working with my hands became a thing of the past . To scratch that itch I started woodworking. I know a couple of lads who are joiners/carpenters but they live quite far from me now . Just wondering if there was any local guys around just for a bit Craic and some help/advice from time to time .

I've just started on a roubo workbench build and I've realised due to its weight there's no chance I can get the wife to help me move the tops around and my neighbours leaving for China. And I'd rather see if someone with a bit of knowledge can assist . Just so I don't make an buttocks of it . Anyhow just saying hello .

Hi and welcome, sorry not my area, but hope the bench build goes well, we love photos!
Always like to see other peoples benches on here, I’m sure you know but there is stacks of info on bench building on the site. Ian

welcome, post pics of it, start a new post about it and we can help you along where possible.

I was born and brought up in Ryton - but left in 1974. Otherwise of course I'd help bonny lad.

Hexham lad me ... work took me to South Yorkshire and I've been living in the Peak District for several decades now. Still refer to Hexham as "going home" mind.

Hi, I'm just a few miles away, near Blyth. I wasn't born in the North East but I've lived here for just over 30 years. My woodworking knowledge and skills are pretty basic!

Had to jump in as the title drew me in :) Lapsed Geordie here ( Gateshead ) but all my friends and my wife call me a fake Geordie as I have lived away from the area far too long and 'shudder" Down sarf as well !! But lived around there and Hexham for many years so miss the place terribly. Cant help with the bench build but good luck and live everyone says. pictures please

You are close to an Axminster, not sure if that is good or bad but I am over to the west by about sixty miles, and currently looking into a new bench build with a router built in, as said there is a lot of info on this site and it is a shame we do not have some sort of local meetups occasionally.

Back