Any experiences with Machine Mart?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I ordered and paid for a new large compressor for my workshop from Machine Mart a few weeks ago, this at one of their sales evenings.

Naturally enough the compressor was not in stock so I was told it would be 7 to 10 days for delivery, to date nothing has appeared and I find it hard to get any reasonable answer from Machine Mart.

Anyone any experience in buying from them?

Regards....Mike

Bought plenty of stuff from my local store - always had good service (including getting into the VAT-free day last Sunday without an invite :D )

Although when I ordered some spare drive belts for my lathe,they did take about two weeks to arrive.

just yesterday as it happens. My compressor (3years old) started misbehaving, i know its my fault as i never drain the receiver or empty the condensate. Spent a good 20 minutes on the phone with my local store diagnosing the problem. I also have lost the instruction manual but their head office offered to post a new one out FOC, or email the pdf. I took the email option. So if you can i would say stick with them as later on the service is very good

Tom

Hi All
Just coming up to a month now since I received some spare parts from MM from their Nottingham branch along with a debit on my credit card which I had never ordered and did not want. Phoned them and was told to send them back and I would be refunded in a couple of days. Naturally this did not happen so now have been promised a refund of my dosh 'very soon'. Takes five phone transfers to get this far.
Feeling slightly ticked off as you can imagine...
Regards
Martin

Back