Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Any electrical boffins here

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

HDC83

Established Member
Reaction score
Think this one would work
I was thinking that I wanted the remote to work on the overrun but in the time I’ve used the tool and pressed to button it would been on for enough to suck up last of the dust.

HDC83

Established Member
Reaction score
Was chatting to my neighbour he suggested that a resistor might fool the extractor to think there’s a tool being used?

NetBlindPaul

Established Member
Reaction score
What ordinary relay would you suggest?
I work on site most of time and requires 110v tools
Any suitably rated contactor with an off timer module which has a coil compatible with the control voltage you select.
So is the control for your workshop that you use to support your site work?
As in as part of your business endeavour?

HamsterJam

Established Member
Reaction score
Think this one would work
I was thinking that I wanted the remote to work on the overrun but in the time I’ve used the tool and pressed to button it would been on for enough to suck up last of the dust.
Yes, it looks like that module should work as you intend.

HamsterJam

Established Member
Reaction score
Was chatting to my neighbour he suggested that a resistor might fool the extractor to think there’s a tool being used?
Anything that draws more current than the threshold required to activate the current sensor should trigger the extraction no matter what it is.
Not sure why you would want to connect a resistor though - it will need to be quite hefty to take the power and you might be better to consider a tubular heater.

HDC83

Established Member
Reaction score
Anything that draws more current than the threshold required to activate the current sensor should trigger the extraction no matter what it is.
Not sure why you would want to connect a resistor though - it will need to be quite hefty to take the power and you might be better to consider a tubular heater.
I was looking for a neater solution that perhaps I could install inside the case of the extractor but as you say the resistor required would be too big after doing a few calculations
Think I might go for the set up that has the remote switch and current sensor the install inside a tstak case

ivan

Established Member
Reaction score
We began with a heater pullswitch (20A?) and a pull cord run along the ceiling. Tug on, tug off, where ever you were. But not quite, so progressed to an Aldi/Lidl remote switching set up (~£10 for 4 sockets), with the remote in my pocket. The motor starter was wired up as a contactor, powered by a 3 pin plug inserted in the remote socket adapter, in turn plugged in to a 13A socket. Hand in pocket, push buton on/off, lierally wherever you are. Hay Presto!