Any electric guitar builders here?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working from both sides of the blank, and from both sides of the cutaway allow you to use a bandsaw with a quite modest throat, but a bigger I've will free you up to do lots more.

I made around 10 carved to solid bodied guitars in my mum and dads garage using a tiny 3 wheeled record bandsaw, and they are (IIDSSM) excellent, far better than the very best factory produced guitars I've encountered. That said, I'd have made them a good deal faster with a larger saw, and that will be one of the first additions to my new work shop in the new year.

Setch":1dq3h0qq said:
Working from both sides of the blank, and from both sides of the cutaway allow you to use a bandsaw with a quite modest throat, but a bigger I've will free you up to do lots more.

I made around 10 carved to solid bodied guitars in my mum and dads garage using a tiny 3 wheeled record bandsaw, and they are (IIDSSM) excellent, far better than the very best factory produced guitars I've encountered. That said, I'd have made them a good deal faster with a larger saw, and that will be one of the first additions to my new work shop in the new year.

I'm surprised that you consider the time to cut out the initial profile to be a significant factor in a project as intricate as a guitar - I've admired many WIP's, and it's not a stage that gets a lot of emphasis.

BugBear

wabbitpoo":2pd78ln4 said:
'Cos it's fun?

Never owned a bandsaw but it always looks like fun!

I've always considered "looks like fun" a full and adequate reason for buying absolutely anything!

I sure as h*ll didn't buy a handmade Galilean thermometer because I wanted
to measure temperature... :D

BugBear

Latest posts

Back