Any Deft saw owners?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja-king

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Baja-king":2sgbl1wx said:
Hello,

I've just purchased a second hand Deft 10" saw (Harvey HW110SE) (Tin plated top and dovetail trunnion) and noticed that it has a 5/8" arbor.

It seems that Harvey have produced and currently sell the saw in europe with a 30mm arbor:
https://www.tendotools.com/en/houtbewerking/saws/saws/harvey-zaagtafel-hw110se-30-400v-black-edition-eur-tin-coated.html

Has anybody swapped out the arbor for the 30mm variant ? or are you just using the 5/8" arbor with shims.

Thanks in advance.

I think you mentioned you got a dado stack with the saw, assume it is 5/8ths?
Little point in even thinking about changing anything. 5/8th bore blades are freely available from Freud/Diablo through to various brands on eBay, Amazon and the smaller saw blade manufacturers. I'm sure it's possible to change arbors but new bearings (assuming arbor shank is different) and possibly a new arbor flange/bracket might make it prohibitive.
I use a couple of blades on reducer inserts but prefer the original 5/8th manufactured blades.

Well done on getting the TS.

Upon investigation it is a 30mm arbor saw with a 5/8" thread if that makes any sense ? it has a raised section enough for 1 blade of 30mm (29.97mm) then the rest of the arbor is 5/8".

The stack dado the came with it is the woodlford tooling version that is 30mm...

Back