Any advice on Felder Chisels?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrisminordriver

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive just received the Felder catalogue with some Xmas specials...
They are doing a set of 6 bevel edge chisels which they describe as....

Chisel made of high quality Chrome-Manganese steel with solid wood handles. Wooden box with 6 chisels, cutting widths 6, 10, 12, 16, 20 and 25 mm.

all for £33.96 + VAT.

Im aware that they make high quality machines but does anyone know if their chisels are any good?

Thanks in advance for any comments

MMD

Felder don't list any hand tools in their ordinary catalogue :? , so presumably they have been bought in for the Xmas special. Somehow I can't see a machinery maker with no hand tools doing a brill job, but then again it may just be that I'm an old cynic :wink:

Scrit

Hmm, £6.65 per chisel... Probably tells you all you need to know really. And I agree with Scrit; would a machinery manufacturer be the ideal judge of good hand tools? Of course, if they have the Felder name on 'em and you've always fancied a Felder then it'd be a cheap way of achieving your dream! :lol:

If you're looking for a set of chisels that are well spoken of, try the set of six Kirschen "Two Cherries" from Axminster at £57. Much less of a risk.

Cheers, Alf
Who assumed this would be a question about mortise machine chisels and was ready with a "all they need are some handles" quip. Drat. :wink:

Latest posts

Back