Antispyware

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankse link Old

I've been using this since it was released and am pretty happy with it. In fact, the IT dept at our university now recommend it for all systems on campus after much testing.

May have a look at that.
My wife was complaining that her PC was running slowly so I ran AdAware and it only picked up on the usual cookies.
I checked the web update option and it didn't have any for me. Bit strange I thought so I downloaded AdAware SE. This picked up on a spybot called WildTangent.
Decided to try Spybot Search and Destroy and this gave the WildTangent and four others. PC now duly disinfected of these scumbag programs.
Lesson to learn is to not rely on a single app. I'd been using AdAware 6.0 for a long time and thinking the PC was clean when in fact it wasn't.
It appears that AdAware is moving towards a more commercial operation now whereas SS&D is still freeware. I think it is easier to use as well.

It appears that MS is trying to produce the best antispyware application and it does work well scanning and updating automatically and has a quarantine area. I have had reports that it finds stuff that others miss, it was recommended by a IT manager.

Absolutely. Argee.

I use three..AdAware, M'oft and Webroot SpySweeper..

That's on the PC's, of course :D ..paranoid or wot?

My Macs remain blissfully ignorant of the murky world of viruses, trojans and spyware :D :D

Roger

Latest posts

Back