Antique Style Pine Stool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin dwyer

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a copy of one I restored years back and I make them now and again. Lightly stained with Vandyke / Vandyck crystals. Polished with sanding sealer and wax.

ukworkshop.jpg

Attachments

• ukworkshop.jpg
    ukworkshop.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 1,028
Thanks guys, this one's out of 9 by 1 redwood, plus the sides which are about 3 1/2 inches deep. Overall it's 14 1/2 ". Legs are about 10 1/4 or 10 1/2 and sit into a routed groove, whatever depth one feels fit but something like 1/4 " or 3/8ths. Couple of screws down through the top into each leg and 2 screws into each leg from the sides and some screws into the top from the sides too - so they are earthquake proof !

That's a very nice piece of work, sort of rustic with a bit of style.

Next time, why not fit the "legs" to the top using wedged through tenons? I've got a long bench somewhere that I was able to make many years ago without using any screws or nails etc.

When it was finished, we tried it out (unglued) with three people sitting on it, and it was as solid as a rock! =D> :mrgreen:

design bookcase2.jpg

there's no bark left on that if you don't mind ! Rustic ! obviously not an admirer of fine cabinet work !

know what you mean about the tenons, looks nice on the bigger versions. Pic was a designer bookcase I made a few of years back, I remember getting a lot of abuse because it's asymmetric, they still sold though. Might do a few now, I like the sanded up thru tenon, nice feel and texture. Cheers Tony, kev.

Attachments

• design bookcase2.jpg
    design bookcase2.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 699
Back