Antique Road Trip

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterdays Antiques road trip program BBC2, a pad saw similar to my one pictured below (alright polished up etc. but without a blade) fetched a very high profit at an auction (after been purchased from a dealers retail shop)

What price would you expect my one to raise? (most probably pre 1930)

Not for sale. unless its thousands, :)

Attachments

• 2011_1018padsaw0007w.jpg
    2011_1018padsaw0007w.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 671
Crickey DW I've got one exactly like that :) even the blade is bent in the same places :lol:

Must be worth a fortune as a 'pair' don't you think :?:

I can confirm pre 1930 as mine once belonged to my late father who used it in the Cardiff docks in the 1920's and long before I came along in case any of you were wondering :roll:

i watched that aswell did seem to fetch alot , although the wood was black Ebony ? and brass fittings maybe a rare one

80 euros I think the auction bids reached.

The metal portion on mine has not rusted so perhaps it is a non ferrous metal as well. Ebony handle my foot. :)

(Yes the blade is soft, I still think metal gets fatigued.)

clk230":2p4p3owt said:
i watched that aswell did seem to fetch alot , although the wood was black Ebony ? and brass fittings maybe a rare one

They're common - even the exotic woods with brass fittings ones. Was there some kind of special provenance on the Auction one?

BugBear

the auction was in Ireland don't think there was a charity element i agree though all the prices were high.Maybe it was a limited edition left handed example lol

Latest posts

Back