Quantcast

Antique Road Trip

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Yesterdays Antiques road trip program BBC2, a pad saw similar to my one pictured below (alright polished up etc. but without a blade) fetched a very high profit at an auction (after been purchased from a dealers retail shop)

What price would you expect my one to raise? (most probably pre 1930)

Not for sale. unless its thousands, :)

Attachments

Losos

Established Member
Reaction score
Crickey DW I've got one exactly like that :) even the blade is bent in the same places :lol:

Must be worth a fortune as a 'pair' don't you think :?:

I can confirm pre 1930 as mine once belonged to my late father who used it in the Cardiff docks in the 1920's and long before I came along in case any of you were wondering :roll:

clk230

Established Member
Reaction score
i watched that aswell did seem to fetch alot , although the wood was black Ebony ? and brass fittings maybe a rare one

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
80 euros I think the auction bids reached.

The metal portion on mine has not rusted so perhaps it is a non ferrous metal as well. Ebony handle my foot. :)

(Yes the blade is soft, I still think metal gets fatigued.)

bugbear

Established Member
Reaction score
clk230":2p4p3owt said:
i watched that aswell did seem to fetch alot , although the wood was black Ebony ? and brass fittings maybe a rare one
They're common - even the exotic woods with brass fittings ones. Was there some kind of special provenance on the Auction one?

BugBear

clk230

Established Member
Reaction score
the auction was in Ireland don't think there was a charity element i agree though all the prices were high.Maybe it was a limited edition left handed example lol