Anti-slip paint/finish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
The floor in my workshop was aid with self-levelling compound and in some areas it's started to get pretty slippy. That's liveable with.

What isn't is the area immediately in front of the workbench which now, after all my recent sanding and waxing, is starting to be like an ice rink. So I was thinking about anti-slip paint but there seem to be so many different products on the market. Any recommendations?

I've tried sanding with a coarse grit but the levelling compound is rock hard.

TIA

Hi, Roger

Floor paint sprinkled with sand will work, or get some of those foam interlocking floor mats, they are much better to stand on.

Pete

Having spent many hours (years) on my feet in work areas treated with anti slip paints and suffered the resultant 'tired legs' during evenings and nights I would also advocate spending the money on interlocking floor mats.
I put down some cheapo versions around my lathes and workbench and the difference in comfort is considerable, really noticeable even for the few hours of hobby workshop time and drooping the odd tool on the floor no longer results in the same level of swearing at the new dink feature.

Some of the fumes from the two part anti slip floor paint can take ages to go away :( if you can use mats without them being a trip hazard then thats the way to go.

Racers":2iowedc4 said:
Hi, Roger

Floor paint sprinkled with sand will work, or get some of those foam interlocking floor mats, they are much better to stand on.

Pete

Hi Roger

Floor mats are good, I put them down in part of my workshop about 4 years ago and it has made a real difference to my back not standing on a concrete floor 8 hours + a day.

These are the ones I bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40-BEST-STEP- ... 3198wt_962

Others are on ebay

Tom

Back