Anti-fatigue matting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same sort of stuff from B& thingy last year and it was well worth buying. I have a concrete floor too and it would suck the heat out of you in no time, aside form the discomfort of standing on it all day. I have them at the lathe. I also use a length of butyl rubber from a conveyor belt at the bench and it is a good job too (heavy and stays in place).

Brendan

My workshops have always had concrete floors and i've never had a problem- i always wear a pair of good quality toe cap boots and my feet are never cold or fatigued.

I use something similar from Machine Mart and they make a difference.
Warmer feet and less strain on knees and back.
beejay

yep I have it at the lathe and workbench and wouldn't be without it now. I notice the difference in my back

Hello all,

Yes I also have matting bought in a sale from Maplin, much better than my cold concrete floor.

GT

Yep definately worth getting if you have a concrete floor.
Not only does it feel better on you feet/legs but it protects your tools when you drop em,like i have done in the past :roll:

Si can you pick me a pack up next time you're in there please mate? No rush.

No problem, I've probably got an unopened pack somewhere so I can sort you out next time you're down.

Great stuff - get it from Costco as Oryx says - and having such a covering has made me far more conscientious about keeping the floor clean.

Also good for a tent floor.

OW

Cheers guys!

I've bought some so we'll see how it is!

(I only wanted somthing to bump my Axminster order from £40 to £50 to get postage. £120 later..... :shock: )

Anywa it can't hurt to give it a bash i reckon.
My girly little feet do get a bit cold and sore! :oops:

I've only got it in front of my workbench and I really notice the difference if I walk around to work from the side.

Back