Anti-Fatigue Mats

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodythepecker

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for around 8 anti-fatigue mats but after searching google i am no nearer to buying any.

There are so many different makes and price ranges that i am left with the feeling that the only way to go is to ask for recommendations.

So have any of you got this type of matting? If so, does it do what it says on the box, and are they really worth the money?

Maybe its my age but lately after standing in front of various machines for 6 or 7 hours a day the old tootsies are starting to ache :-({|= .

Edit, Oh yes i forgot to mention. I was talking to someone down the wood yard the other day, and while discussing the above he said that he had come across some rubber matting , and although he does not know to much about it, it is apprantly used on the RNLI lifeboats. It is about 3/4" to a 1" thick and is used because it is supposed to be non slip.
He said the roll is 50' X 4' and he wants £40 for it.

Does anyone know about this type of matting, and if so would it be any good as anti-fatigue matting

Regards

Woody

It is very difficult to say what rubber mat it is you have, but having bought stable mats at a very good price £40 is a steal for this matting. As to whether it is good for anti-fatigue, that is a different matter and I doubt it is the same. I looked at this type of matting for my workshop floor, but my purpose was to improve sound in the shop from machine vibration.

If you go to Axminster, 8 mats (601x610) will only cost about £23, and will be the proper job.

By the way, if you don't want the RNLI stuff, I would certainly be able to use it, if you are not far away!!!

Firstly, that IS a steal for that amount of rubber matting, especially that thick.

Secondly, I've had some anti-fatigue mats from Axminster for about 18 months now and I wouldn't be without it - makes a heck of a difference.

Ray.

Hi Woody
I've also had the anti-fatigue mats from Axminster for a couple of years now and just like Ray says I don't know where I would be without them. On concrete floors they help no end.
All the best
John

Just curious...

Surely anti-fatigue shoes would be the ideal solution. At least that way they go where you are and don't get in the way when you're trying to clear up the workshop?

Not sure if such a thing exists, but perhaps it's worth buying a small mat and gluing cut-out sections to the soles of your work shoes :lol:

Cheers Ray, John, FC,

I will take a look at the Axminster mats. When you state that they are 610mmx610mm is that the size of each single mat?

In the mean time if thats the bargain you say it is, then i am going to get the lifeboat rubber as it is bound to come in handy for something.

Regards

Woody

Hi
I noticed in Freetochat's link the advert says 1.5 cubic metre.
I wonder what would happen if you insisted on this.
All the best
John

There is certainly a mix up somewhere, because as Freetochat rightly points out they do state down by the price of the product that the pack contains 1.5cubic metres of mating, but if you look under the "description" it has 1.5 square metres? Which would mean that the pack of 4 tiles have a overall measurement of 610x610mm (241/2" x 241/2") or 300mm each tile. But if you then read the description, i think it is saying that each tile is 610x610mm, which is a overall pack size of 1220x1220 (4ft x 4ft)

Axminster wrote:

Supplied as a pack of 4 square tiles, each 13mm thick and approximately 610mm square

Which means that the 1.5 square metres is wrong too.

Regards

Woody

Woody,

I think that it is safe to assume that the tiles are 610 mm square, as this would give an area of

0.61x0.61 = 0.3721 square metres per tile

0.3721 x 4 = 1.4884 square metres (near enough 1.5 as to make no nevermind!).

I hope that this helps clear up the confusion. FWIW 1.5 cubic metres of rubber would require a fork lift truck to unload from the lorry, so seems unlikely for 11 quid!!!

Regards

Gary

Axminster's site":3d7zbh55 said:
1 pack covers approximately 1.5m²
I think we can let them have the difference. :D Wish it said whether they're compatible with the old 12" square ones they used to sell though.

Cheers, Alf

So each pack/4 tiles is only 2ftx2ft, which means i am going to need 8 packs. As that is going to cost me £95.52 the life boat rubber is looking better all the time.

Its a shame really because i like the way the Axminster tiles fit together. They give you a lot more options, such as fitting them around machines without having to cut them.
On top of that i had decided to use the other rubber in my garage which would have given me some comfort on my old bones why climbing under the car etc.

Thanks everyone.

Woody

Cheers Freetochat, much appreciated. Have you ever had one of those days when you wished you had kept your mouth shut and never started the post. Most of the time i work in the old feet and inches, and now you know why. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Once again cheers everyone.

Regards

Woody

Alf wrote:

You're not alone, Woody. I'm supposed to be the Metric generation too, so I have no excuse. :oops:

Thats good to here Alf, i think that way, and so i find it much easier to use it.

Regards

Woody

Latest posts

Back