Another update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe it’s been nearly 3 weeks since I moved house. I must apologize for not being on the forums much but the downgrade from broadband to dialup hasn’t gone very well and having only one phone line (due to the exchange being at it’s limit) doesn’t help either so I’m only getting a limited time online. It’s like I’ve gone back in time 5 years :eek:

Anyway as Alf mentioned before the workshop does make up for it. A few people have asked me how’s the workshop is looking so I thought I’d post some pics.

There’s still a lot of work to be done but to say I’ve only had a few days in the workshop I think it’s looking pretty well. I’ve made a new top for the back bench aka the mitre bench station. I just need to make some fence extensions and it’ll be complete. I started on the table saw out-feed table yesterday but ran out of wood :oops:

The next task is to sort out the timber storage. Hopfulley the electrics will be sorted out in a few months and the stud wall that divides the workshop will be coming down once all the boxes are moved out. (which won’t be for awhile).

workshop01.jpg

workshop02.jpg

Charley,

It's looking great. I think if it were mine with that lovely space and roll-up door it would not be long before some real cast iron as in Wadkin Bursgreen appeared! Say a 20 inch jointer for starters.

waterhead37":20umw36b said:
Charley,

It's looking great. I think if it were mine with that lovely space and roll-up door it would not be long before some real cast iron as in Wadkin Bursgreen appeared! Say a 20 inch jointer for starters.

lol, well the TS2000 that once filled my old workshop does look pretty small in it's new home. Maybe it'll be upgraded to something like the Jet super saw next year. I can hope anyway...

Speaking of jointers I am planning to get a Jet 60a next month (if I can save my pennies)

Wood1K,

Alas the DW 746 is about £1,600 / 1,700 overhere. About $3000!!! with the extension table and sliding carriage. Whereas the Jet SS with all the bits is £1,100, about $2,035. I know the SS and the Dewally are at the same price point in the States, $1,100. You guys are so lucky....
Although I think the 746 is a better TS than the SS, with our prices it would need to be. I'm sure Charley will answer your point on the SCMS, just to say he has very good taste. But it's not available Stateside, BTW

Rgds

Noel

Charley. I just like to say that I am not incredibly jealous. But I am :oops:

What projects are planned for it then?

Cheers

Tony

Hi Charley

Glad to see that you are settling in well. The workshop looks even bigger now than the original photographs.

You might want to bookmark this site to check where you are with broadband http://www.adslguide.org/

Jet are out of stock of jointers until the next delivery which is the middle of May. An excellent choice of jointer that you've made, by the way.

54Atn.jpg

Yes, it will just fit in.

All the best
Neil

As Noel says the Dewalt isn't on my 'wish list' due to the price :( The sliding mitre saw isn't too new. I bought is ex demo last year (My 4th mitre saw purchase :oops: )

There are alot of woodworking projects that I would like to start including the shaker wall clock (which I've had the wood for for nearly a year) but at the moment I really don't have the time. I think for the next month or so all I'll be making is built in MDF shelves :( At the moment my current task is to do the utility room, I'm using B&Q kitchen units but can't cut the worktop yet as I haven't unpacked my circular saw :roll:

Thanks for the link Neil - I have it book marked. Craig from Jet informed me that the jointer was currently out of stock. It works out quite well as it gives me a chance to save up my money :)

Well Charley, I feel really sorry for you - no, really. Your feet must hurt like anything having to do all that unaccustomed walking from tool to tool. :lol:
I'm with Chris; you've got the ideal conditions to take advantage of some s/h cast iron. Get some 3 phase power set up and you're laughing. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Charley I hate you :wink: what I could do with a space like that. Looking good mate.

is it just me, or does Charlies' shop look wayyyyyyy too clean...??

NOT that I'm jealous... Ohhh no....not me...

<mutterin....

Nice progress so far Charlie... chuffed for ya... ya jammie wee &^$%

:wink:

ummmmmmmm......... Charlie...

3 weeks in a new house.... meanin PLENTY stuff NEEDIN made........ urgently.....
them tools oughta be glowin in the dark they're so used.....

excuses like this dinna come every day bud...... gotta make the best of em while ya can......

:wink:

Just one crit fella......with all that space why is your out feed table so small......I know you said you an out of timber so I'm just hoping that your going to extend its length some what. I'm in a single garage with a TS2000 and I built my outfeed table about 4' long, so the total length from the back of the blade to the end of the table is about just under 5'. I did it this way because most of the timber I've bought has been about 6' in length, so the table takes 90% of the weight and theres only 10% hanging off the end.

Just a thought..........

On another thought I came up with a bright idea to make my workshop twice as big.......I'm going to put mirrors all down one wall!!

SimonA

Back