Another tip

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

I have yet another little tip that i dreamt up a couple of weeks ago.

Emptying my dust bag on the extracter is a pain in the rear. It's not the emptying but the refit that winds me up. Only easy ways I found were to get daughter or wife to help or try to attach loads of tape between bag and dusty collecter whilst I position it and tighten the metal strap that holds it on.

My solution?

I got one of those elastic belts from a cheap clothes shop <£2 (used to call 'em 'snake belts') and use that to hold the bag in place whilst I fit the metal band.
Just leave the belt in position above the band's place and tuck the new bag under it before trying to fit that annoying band.

Definitely recommended

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

What a great idea, brilliant. It drives me mad trying to tape the bag in place so that it will stay there until i put the metal strap on.

Well done mate.

Regards

Mike

Tony,

That is a good idea. I gave up on tape because after a while it messes up the bag and I re-use mine time and again. I can generally manage OK with skill developed after eight years practice with this particular DC but I still get it wrong sometimes and curse the designer each time I do. Your tip will help clear the air of invective as well as dust.

On my Camvac replacement of the bag is easy - it is secured by a thick, strong elastic cord. Didn't realise what a good design feature it is until I read the above. :D

Cheers,

Trev.

Nice thing about the scheppach is they put a little plastic "clip" which you can use to hold the bag in place whilst the metal strip goes on. It's a really clever simple feature - I noticed how useful it was at the time, but can imagine how annoying it is to do without!

However....I didn't notice it the first time, and ended up using masking tape at intevals round the bag to hold it up. :oops:

Adam

waterhead37":16j06vhu said:
Adam,

You still have your plastic clip?? Mine lasted all of two bag changes!

What did you do beat it with a hammer? Maybe 'tis cos I haven't had a P/T connected, I've only done a couple of bag changes. I'll be even more careful from now on!

Adam

Latest posts

Back