Another question...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richardkirkman

Established Member
Reaction score
It's beginning to feel like the only posts i do on here are asking what things are!

Anyway, A month or two ago my dads friends father in-law passed and i purchased a lot of his woodworking gear.

Somewhere in there i found lots of these little pegs and I have absolutely no idea what they're used for or what they're used in conjunction with.
Some are metal of different types and some are wood. Maybe some sort of locating pins?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190810_115001-compressor.jpg
    IMG_20190810_115001-compressor.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 620
  • IMG_20190810_115017-compressor.jpg
    IMG_20190810_115017-compressor.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 617
As far as i know he mainly made furniture and things, tables, desks, mirrors, bedside tables, headboards.
I don't think he ever made anything instrumental?

Oh dear oh dear, I'd be surprised if any people my age knew what one was
Looks like i need to make a cribbage board then...
We just used match sticks, but these would be much fancier!

Thanks for your help

Inspector":39finplt said:
Cribbage pegs. You don't play card games much eh? :) Pete

They're far too big to be cribbage board pegs, unless the board was enormous. I would think they do belong to some kind of game though.

Steliz":361lw61m said:
They're far too big to be cribbage board pegs, unless the board was enormous. I would think they do belong to some kind of game though.

Those are very close if not the same as the Lee Valley ones and no bigger that the Rockler ones. True it would be a bigger board or drilled directly into the top of a gaming table but I wouldn't classify it as "enormous".

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.a ... ,250,43313

https://www.rockler.com/wooden-cribbage-pegs-set-of-10

Pete

Back