Another Project Eats The (Saw) Dust!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Well, it's that time again-I've completed another project. :D
This time it's a chest of drawers for our bedroom in Maple and Purpleheart, to match a pair of bedside cabinets previously made of the same materials.
http://www.philsville.co.uk/images/completed.jpg
The carcase and drawers were made from veneered MDF and ply with the top from solid edge jointed purpleheart. The drawers are set on roller runners and the nice knobs came from B+Q. I know this isn't the most "traditional" of construction materials or methods but it is was a necessary item of furniture, and time was of the essence (i.e. the Missus was on my case! :roll: )
I have a step by step photo gallery on my website-you can find it here.
http://www.philsville.co.uk/workinprogress.htm
Regards
Philly :D

Might be just me Philly, but all your images are suffering from RedX.

Adam

GRRRR!
Sorry everyone-uploaded all the photo's to my web provider earlier. Server must be down-can you all wait til the morning?
sorry
Philly :oops:

Philly":1r0jcmsn said:
can you all wait til the morning?
sorry Philly :oops:

What if we say no? Can you make them bring their server back up any quicker? I don't think so....

We'll tune in tomorrow! :p

Adam

Alright-sorry about that (damned server......)
completed.jpg

check out the links in my first post......

Philly":3r8xugg5 said:
Alright-sorry about that (damned server......)
check out the links in my first post......

Very very nice Philly. Well done.

Adam

Very nice,
I must stop reading posts referring to finished projects it makes be feel so inadequate especially as I was upgraded to Furniture Maker the other day.

Andy

Well done, Flash - it looks fantastic :D

NeilCFD

P.S. Are you trying to justify that Xcalibur purchase or something? You're far too productive at the moment... :p

Looks good to me Philly.......I love the very pale maple....

SimonA
I must post pics of my finished mirror!!

Thanks for your comments, All.
Yes the project was "designed" to spend as much time as possible on my new table saw! The saw excels at knocking up squares and rectangles (i.e. components for cabinets! :lol: ) so a lot of fun was had knocking this one together.
For those who are interested, the Xcaliber is fantastic. The fence is accurate (I now make all measurements from the built in scale-lovely accuracy!) the saw vibration free and mucho powerful, and those extension tables make cutting sheet material a breeze. And the dado is so useful, quick and quiet. (and yes, I still have all my fingers....... 8) )
I finished the piece with Chestnuts cellulose sanding sealer, a light rub down and then two coats of clear wax. A nice, simple finish that looks nice and natural. (and is easy for the lazy person to apply......... :wink: )
SWMBO is very happy with said project and I am now left in "what-project-next" hell. :lol:
cheers

Oh, just go away you 'orrible project-completing person, you. :p You're making the rest of us look really, really bad. :shock: Very nice though. Sigh. :roll:

I can only assume Adam has been waiting in this thread all night, eager to see the pics...

Cheers, Alf

Hi Philly,

That is excellent. :wink: A few points in the bag for some more tools, eh? :lol:

I will never deride MDF again! I have never looked for the veneered stuff - can you help me ('cos I'm lazy :oops: ) with an indication of the kind of place where it can be bought?

Cheers,

Trev.

Latest posts

Back