Another novice turner..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerTool

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all - Waka inspired me to finish my second bowl today.

Picture013.jpg

Sweet chestnut (bought off e-bay for under £3.00 + p&p),finished with friction polish.

Then,as my son is out tonight,started to make some doorknobs for ex-wifes bathroom cupboard (sapele,again bought off e-bay - this is one of four pieces I got for £1.00!)

Picture014.jpg

And had some more free 3"x3" x 8' long posts delivered - so as I am on holiday next week,will be (weather permitting) making an outdoor covered area for wood storage/construction.

So many things,so little time.. :D

Andrew

It's good to see somebody else having a bash and coming up with the goods. Keep going - you've made a fine start.

Gill

Philly":3n97xd9t said:
Nice one Andrew!
Keep it up,
Philly :D

I have to - you lot set such high standards :D :D

Although I think I might have caught something off this forum - saw a scrollsaw for sale recently and thought "hmm,do I need one of those as well?"

PowerTool":2a48ckx2 said:
saw a scrollsaw for sale recently and thought "hmm,do I need one of those as well?"

It depends what make of saw. Unfortunately, some of the junk masquerading as scrollsaws can put people off scrolling for life. Is the saw still available and what sort is it?

Gill

Oh it was a "No name" brand for about £40.. :lol:

What makes are good,and what price do they start at ?

PT

Nice work, I haven't yet attempted anything between centres, maybe I'll make that my next lathe project.

Its so easy to get the bug and satisfying when it all goes right, which i might add is not all that often.

PowerTool":17balsuz said:
Oh it was a "No name" brand for about £40.. :lol:

What makes are good,and what price do they start at ?

Hi PT

At the Stoneleigh exhibition last week I was impressed by the SIP 16" variable speed saw which struck me as a bargain at £55 now that SIP have improved the basic design. Trev bought one of them and I'm looking forward to hearing a report on it, but I understand he's been chained to a paintbrush recently ;) :) .

I wouldn't be tempted by an unbranded Chiwanasian scrollsaw.

Gill

Back