another newbie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassethound

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening all :)
i've been lurking here for quite a while now and i think it seems a good place for me to register
and see if i can join in somehow.
not done much woodturning really, i did try it out a few years ago and had to much to do otherwise to keep trying to get
started properly, anyway to cut my waffle a bit i decided to buy a small lathe just over a year ago to try again then
bad luck bought me a bleed on the brain in march this year so that stopped me in my tracks lol.
now i am sort of getting over it a bit i thought time to try again and join this forum and maybe learn a bit more although getting a bit old for it :?
don't want to bore you all so will cut now :|

Hi

And welcome to our forum

What lathe do you have ?

We have a turning challenge on the forum , its coming to a end for this year but will be starting again in January

Maybe have a go at this as it gives you a goal each month

Your only as old as you feel , and I have not felt anything for years :mrgreen: so I must be OLD :lol:

lol, thanks for the welcome, the small lathe i have is the axminster awvsl, seems ok for me although i had some probs when i bought it and earlier this spring.
just played around with bits and made a few pens so far, nothing bigger really.

Welcome to the forum bassethound, i'm sure the folks around here can find something to keep you amused and occupied in the coming months.

Thanks, i'm sure they will, i have seen loads of things i love in here in the past, looking at those things is a pleasure in itself.

nothing wrong with pens.... :D pens is good....

plus you have a very similar lathe to me too....

its not wot you got, its wot u can do with it that counts..... :wink:

hope to be seeing some pictures on here soon of your work (hammer)

Nick

Back