Another mystery . . . .

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robgul

Barry Bucknell is my hero
Reaction score
Anyone any idea what this might be - the "axle" is about 14cm long - the two arms swivel independently

It was in the box of tools, most of which belong to my cheapie Aldi planer/thicknesser - but there's nothing in the manual as to what it might be (it may of course just be in the box and belong to something else) - the radius on the ends of the arms is about the same as the blade drum on the planer . . . but it would then foul the blades?

Other machines I have are table-saw, mitre-saw, drill press, disc/belt sander and various routers, drills, circular saws, sanders etc

DSC01272.JPGDSC01271.JPG

is it an out feed support

Can't see where it might fit on any machine . . . I'm guessing that the "axle" fits to something and the two arms just use their (modest) weight for some purpose?

🤔 . . . this is probably one of those things where I'll wake up in the middle of the night having remembered . . . but in the meantime . . .

Disposable blades (I'm in the process of obtaining a spare set) - what is odd is that the item isn't in the manual and that perhaps suggests it's not for the planer at all . . . .

Bingo! - so why was there nothing in the manual?? (Possibly as Aldi doesn't sell the blades?) - looked at the maufacturer's website (walteronline.com) and found spare blades - Euro 5 for a pair ... great BUT their online shop says they don't deliver to the UK (presumably the EU nonsense with BREXIT) - Screwfix lists what looks like the same thing for Titan and Erbauer ... but at £14.99 per pair. :( I've emailed the manuafcturer to see whether they will sell to me .

Thanks everyone - problem (sort of) solved.

I own an erbauer p/t and it comes with the identical tool for setting the blades. I bought some replacements from eBay a while ago for £15 ish, I seem to remember, so €5 is a very good price - I wonder if they fit, and/or work?

The £15 at Screwfix is a bit better than the £25 at one of the other woodwork machine dealers for the same item . . .

Exactly the same tool as came with my Titan P/T from Screwfix. See page 31 for details.

Attachments

• pa_1403498.pdf
    430.1 KB · Views: 12
Agree on planer blade setting jig, one came with my Erabaur thicknesser/ planed

Anyone any idea what this might be - the "axle" is about 14cm long - the two arms swivel independently

It was in the box of tools, most of which belong to my cheapie Aldi planer/thicknesser - but there's nothing in the manual as to what it might be (it may of course just be in the box and belong to something else) - the radius on the ends of the arms is about the same as the blade drum on the planer . . . but it would then foul the blades?

Other machines I have are table-saw, mitre-saw, drill press, disc/belt sander and various routers, drills, circular saws, sanders etc

View attachment 101127View attachment 101126
Looks like its a ratchet pawl but then the question is from what.
Regards
John

Exactly the same tool as came with my Titan P/T from Screwfix. See page 31 for details.

That's brilliant - thanks - the ALDI manual has all the stuff about planing and thicknessing but stops short of blade changing - I'll print a copy and keep that with my manual.

UPDATE

I had a prompt reply from Germany re blades:
===
You can order from our web shop www.walteronline.com/en

We are currently not able to ship to the UK because of this mutated virus and Brexit but we hope to be back to normal the end of this month.
Item No.: 624144
2pc. planer knife set
The WALTER 2pc. planer knife set, consisting of two planer knives, is suitable for the wood planer with article number 44020449.

£ 4.30
Incl. VAT, excl. shipping costs.

Delivery charge £8.90
=============
Good price but the sting in the tail of £9 for delivery offsets the £15 price from Screwfix (arguably buying 2 sets . . . but I don't use the machine very often)

I wonder if these would fit in the einhell tc-sp 204.. Does anyone know? the machine looks the same

Back