Another MAKEADA? No! But if you have Makita Bttys, then ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But this one has a feature the Makita does not: edge folding!

I've watched a few Fakita tool comparisons over on the YouTube "Tools & Stuff" channel and wouldn't touch them with two long push sticks.

I didn't spot the edge folding bit! Worryingly, the list of things "customers also purchased" had, in first place a ...

1200W 6 Gears Electric Sheep Shear Kit Goat Wool Shearing Shaving Trimmer Cutter - EU Plug

... So having molested your goat with an edge folding wireless router you can then while away a few hours shaving the poor s*dd*ng thing too.

I've a few Makita cordless items. Have also the brushless cordless impact driver and grinder without the Makita badge...
Any good? Very good. They only have had occasional use so far but very happy with them.
Also, like many here, have the Katsu corded trimmer router which is very good.

PS- @Nelsun The Tools & Stuff guy seemed happy enough with his $30 impact driver, other than when he dropped tested it and broke the handle. : (

PPS- If anybody buys the cordless sheep shearer trimmer would be interested to hear. It may well be ok, as a router...

Someone's lugs must've been burning as Tools & Stuff has done a comparison video on this very router and the Makita

Power wise it's a close call but, for features, finesse and ability to get a battery on and off, it's a bit of a pig.

What it doesn't have is the "track and cog" in the clamp area to maintain the depth set (the clamp isn't sufficiently robust to hold it in position) - I sent back a similar corder router for exactly this reasons (it was a rip-off of the Katsu which is in turn a rip-off of the Makita machine) - I haven't watched the video yet ... but it looks like an interesting channel.

Back