Another locked thread! Is this Soviet russia?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
Another harmless thread locked due to slight political overtones. It was all good natured and thoughtful, no party political tub thumping, no bad temper (except for RogerS but that doesn’t count).
There seems to be no good reason for this other than political bias of a mod or mods.
We are adult you know, and quite capable of having interesting and controversial discussion, needing nothing more than occasional interventions from a mod if things get out of order.
I see it as a great missed opportunity for people with very varied opinions to find out what the other side thinks. Also a massive exchange of factual info on important issues which affect us all. A rare opportunity too, most political forums are all one sided and you end up talking to boring people who agree with every word you say!

All very childish - you need to think again mods, let us get on with it and tell those who object to simply keep out of it instead of encouraging their whingeing and whimpering!

Jacob":2wp2d4el said:
All very childish - you need to think again mods, let us get on with it and tell those who object to simply keep out of it instead of encouraging their whingeing and whimpering!

That'd be fine, if the bad-will didn't leach out into other parts of the forum all the time as it did when the Rant Thread was active. If I recall when that thread was closed you threw all your toys out of the pram and "accidentally" deleted your account? If I also recall again it has been you at the centre of every major clash on the forum lately that didn't involve moles? I guess that's why someone changed "Prolific Contributor" on your user page to something else.

For someone who seems to idolise Soviet Russia and makes references to Stalinism, it's strange that you'd dislike it comrad.

That's all from me, I won't say anything more about it.

Trevanion":3nf5n40o said:
....For someone who seems to idolise Soviet Russia
I don't do anything of the sort and never have.
and makes references to Stalinism, it's strange that you'd dislike it comrad.
Disparaging comments as far as I recall. You obviously haven't been paying attention!
I guess that's why someone changed "Prolific Contributor" on your user page to something else.
I hadn't noticed that. How childish. A mod creating ill feeling and encouraging the angry brigade. Not what they are supposed to do!
That's all from me, I won't say anything more about it.
Heard that before.

You got your pants on back to front again, you seem very agitated.
Why not just have a chat with your mate Jezza he seems very lonely these days.
Or why not go out and canvas again, imagine if you put a bit of effort in this time around you could smash the 9 votes you got last time, maybe 11 or 12 this time. Try not chatting to em this time, I think you turned them against you, just give them a leaflet and gurn at them

wasn't it just 2 contributors on that thread anyway, why not just PM each other, that way you avoid Roger as well who you seem to think is your arch nemisis.

I don't know why everyone gets so upset about this. I don't agree with a lot of Jacob's views, but I respect his right to hold them.

Here's the radical part. When a thread gets overly political, I just stop reading it. Crazy, I know.

Only about 2 objectors to the thread, with nothing interesting to say. Why don't they just PM each other? Even Roger was trying to partake without objecting to the thread as such.
A bit of intelligent moderating and we could have an interesting and just normal sort of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back