Another good experience

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudman

Established Member
Reaction score
Trying to stay in one piece in South Wales
Placed an order yesterday for my Christmas pressie of the Veritas Medium shoulder Plane with Elliot's Tool Warehouse at around 3:15 yesterday afternoon and it was delivered this morning at 10am. :D What can I say? Excellent service and I hope to do more business with them in the future.

Also very helpful was the very nice lady at Brimarc who advised on who was likely to have some in stock and have a mail order service. Martin, please pass on my thanks.

Only thing is having to wait for Christmas day to fondle it. :cry: Won't even get to see it before then although my wife did say a catalogue was in the parcel and I could have that for now. :?

Hi Barry,

Sounds great, did you try the angle - I really ought to check it to make sure that it isn't faulty / rusty / missing bits / is the right one etc before Xmas day? It works for me sometimes...

Wulf

wulfric":1fwhj9os said:
Hi Barry,

Sounds great, did you try the angle - I really ought to check it to make sure that it isn't faulty / rusty / missing bits / is the right one etc before Xmas day? It works for me sometimes...

Wulf

Wulf,

SWMBO just sat down as I was reading that so tried it. Didn't work. :(

That's a bummer, my guess is that you've blown it. Did you try the 'surely you wouldn't want me to be disappointed on Xmas day' routine? You may have to do a lip tremble and shuffle your feet a bit... if she can resist that she must be one tough lady!

Wulf

Nope, no luck at all. :(
By the way Iwas informed that it hadn't even been opened and wouldn't be until Christmas day (with a certain steely glint in the eye) I could see that I am going to have to wait a while before I get my hands on it.
Oh well, anticipation makes the joy more intense I suppose. :wink:

Oh well, anticipation makes the joy more intense I suppose

couple of years ago SWMBO bought a Freud blade for my TS... xmas prezzi... I was good... didn't say a word until it was opened... expressed all the necessary noises upon opening etc..

then she tells me I canna play with it or ANY other shop tool.....till after Boxing day....

2 perfectly good shop days gone down the pan....sheesh.... THEN she has the nerve to ask when her bookcases would be ready......

enough t make a man choke on his cuppa.....

Back