Another day, another ticket!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samlarsen

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, you guessed it, another parking ticket.

This time it one issued on private land by one of the new parking management companies. There were plenty of signs up warning of the parking rules and not following them exactly resulted in the ticket! It was a sunday and the carpark was almost empty.

Anyone know what powers they have to enforce collection of the fee? Looks like they can get owner details from the DVLA easily enough.

We'd rather not pay if we don't absolutely have too!! After all no harm was done by parking their at that time.

Cheers

Sam

May definitely be worth checking into this further...

I remember seeing a segment about this on 5th Gear or similar where a company was issuing tickets on a strip of road outside Reading train station(?), even if the car was only stopped for 30secs - they had employed a guy with a camera to zap everyones number plates!!

The outcome was that "anyone with reasonable cause" could obtain details from the DVLA for about £1.40 a go, but when they consulted a lawyer he stated, IIRC, that he did not think anyone caught there should pay up the 80 quid or so fine as he did not believe that it would stand up in court..........only problem is I cannot remember why :oops:

Probably due to the lack of clear warning on the sign or that you could not read the sign without stopping, but if you stopped to read the sign you got a ticket...

Hopefully someone else will remember rather more than I.

Good luck
Mike

Sam

The nice parking management companies in Nottingham put a wheel clamp on your vehicle and then mostly demand cash. DAMHIKT.

Cheers
Neil

of course in scotland this is called demanding money with menaces.
but somehow in england, it seems any cowboy can become a parking ticket demander.

you have to look carefully at the rules on the site, and then offer them less, then see how they go for it.

what did you not do that you should have???

paul :wink:

Its allways worthwhile carrying a wheel clamp. That way, after paying £80 for yours to be removed, whilst hes taking it off....quickly whip round the back and clamp the clamper. Ask £80.01 to remove it :wink: :wink:

Adam

I saw a clip on TV, the warden parked up and gave a few cars the ticket for parking on double yellows. Then the camera pan round and he was parked on double yellows too :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Andy

Newbie_Neil":2nrrxntf said:
The nice parking management companies in Nottingham put a wheel clamp on your vehicle and then mostly demand cash. DAMHIKT.
I've seen the builder's solution to this - a Paddy's unicycle (Stihlsaw). It works, but then there's the question of criminal damage. :cry:

Scrit

We spent the weekend at a hotel in central Nottingham. What a nightmare the one-way system is! And to cap it all, our car was ticketed on Saturday night at 11.29pm! I thought we'd be safe after 6pm, but sadly not.

John, who'll never be going there again!

Knot Competent":35nncy7k said:
We spent the weekend at a hotel in central Nottingham. What a nightmare the one-way system is!
John, who'll never be going there again!

Nah! Tis good fun, its good for the veins, having the blood flow like that. Its puts the Place de l'Arc du Triomphe to shame!

Adam

Back