Another Bird Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joiner_sim

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's another bird box I have made. Those of you who remember the ones I made in the summer, will know they were made of plywood. But now here's one of what I hope will be many in the future made from wood. It is a fairly simple design, and was made without a plan really, just made to the size of the stock timber I have available 220x19 and 115x19.
This one has been made as a christmas present, but I hope now to make a few more seeing as its turned out pretty good in my opinion, maybe a few changes to enhance it...?

DSC_0003.jpg

What wood did you use? Is it tanalised? Looks quite green but could be the photo. Just you wouldn't want to use tanalised wood for bird boxes in case of chemicals harming the birds. You'd normally just leave it untreated and use a wood like Cedar for high end boxes.

You are correct in that it looks green. The timber is untreated softwood, I have treated the outside with end grain preservative myself. This is similar to tanalised, but its only on the outside so should be fine.

Back