Angela Ashes. Macourt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone in Australia recommended this book so I called in the local library here in Sydney and the Librarian went straight to the non fiction shelf and pulled it out.

A very unusual (and course) story of poverty in Ireland at the middle part of the last century.
If you have got the time a good read.

I have not read the book but have seen the movie which was pretty good. I am not sure how it compares to the book but it was a very moving story. It was one of those ones that you think you probably won't enjoy but do. :wink:

I haven't read it ,but my wife has and was glued to it,i didn't get any sense out of her for days,im pretty sure she has read other books by the same author.

Gerome":yqftl1lr said:
I haven't read it ,but my wife has and was glued to it,i didn't get any sense out of her for days,im pretty sure she has read other books by the same author.

Just ask your wife if anything exciting has happened recently, her reply whould be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Back