And BREXIT Bites

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used NordVPN for a few years. I'm just an occasional light user. Not had any problems with it. Got a great 4 year deal on their U.S. website back in July.
I used it to watch stuff on the Virgin Media app whilst abroad. I think VM now have ways to detect VPN or location to stop you using it abroad.

It's fairly trivial to determine if a particular IP address is an endpoint for a VPN, I'm sure Virgin have signed up with some service to do exactly that. The only way around is for the VPN provider to constantly provide new end points, at a rate faster than the services can keep up. Which is every bit as expensive as it sounds.

In the States there used to be companies where you could drop ship to as they had lower state tax and they would then forward on. Not sure if still exists, but wonder if we'll start seeing it in the UK.

Charging NI people etc that much of a premium, hows that fair.

Funny old game. Amazon headquarters in Eire for tax dodging purposes and now ducks out of supporting its customers. Maybe the OP should direct his frustrations to Jeff Bezo directly.

there is no Amazon Ireland
Yet. There's a new logistics center opened up in Rathcoole, and we were getting overnight deliveries from there after black friday. Matter of time only I think.

But the video stuff, that's down to the data adaquacy question still being up in the air, and that one could get much much worse in the near future because GDPR and third country status make for a really nasty combination.

Latest posts

Back