and another thing..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Maple and granite island installed today.

The island is split into thirds with the centre section facing one way for cutlery, plates etc and the other two parts face the other way, which holds pots and pans etc.

Again, your comments are welcome.

I'm off for a bath and a G&T!

island_4_drawer.sized.jpg

island_cage_drawer_side.sized.jpg

island_drawers.sized.jpg

island_cage_drawers.sized.jpg

island_cage_drawer_close_up.sized.jpg

Cheers

Tim

Wizer":2l6a8e17 said:
Nice feeling for xmas!

Except I've just found out that the outlaws arrive tomorrow and not on Saturday as I had thought! #-o Looks like I'm back in the workshop then! :lol:

Cheers

Tim

Nice work Tim - again.

Do you know the difference between outlaws and inlaws?

Outlaws are generally wanted :lol:

Andy

Lovely job, Tim. Presumably the panels are veneered and the drawers etc are solid maple?

Gill

Nice work Tim, looks a really professional job

Can i ask the dimensions and what sort of distance between the other units. I'm thinking about an island unit but don't think i have the space either side

Andy

Thanks for all the kind comments - the customer's not very happy though because his wife thinks the rest of the kitchen needs doing now :whistle: :whistle:

Andy:

Dims below:

island_dimensions.sized.jpg

Its tight for an island I admit and I did have a very honest conversation with them about it right at the start but they were adamant and the customer is always right. As it happens its fine and will add a lot more storage for them. The reason that I designed it to include pullouts everywhere was to make the most of space and not have to walk around doors to get stuff out.

Martin

The drawer hardware is Blum stuff from Woodfit UBI650 is their code. The pan drawers are from Hafele and I'm pretty sure that they have stopped supplying these now - plus to be honest they are not the best out there but are the best that I could find that fit 450mm cabinets and were full extension. They were a royal pain to fit and adjust. PM me if you want more info.

Cheers

Tim

Tim

What a superb piece of work!

Can you tell me what sort of finish you applied, I am about to embark on replacing our kitchen units and my only area of concern is the finish?

Cheers

The Wiz

Thanks Wizard.

The finish is two coats of Barford's Aquacote in Satin - I also put a layer of Briwax over the top to give it a little more sheen - but thats just a personal pref and isnt necessary.

Cheers

Tim

Tim

This may sound like an obvious question but do you need to sand before during and after the application of the finish. If so, what is the best way to get into the corners?

Cheers

Wiz

Back